Thread: Nurse or Morrissey in a keeper league

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Nurse or Morrissey in a keeper league

Hi everyone,
    I'm a new GM in a league with a expansion team and a need to decide between Nurse and Morrissey because I can only choose one of the two.

It's a keeper league points only with 3 defensemans counting. I want to know who's going to be the best asset in 3-4 years because right now I will not be competitive.

Can you give me what you think will be their upside?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Nurse or Morrissey in a keeper league

Points only I'd go with Morrissey no doubt.

Morrissey 50pts upside
    Nurse 40pts upside
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

The Great One

I like both. And this is pretty even imo

Flip a coin.

I'm higher on Nurse than most and believe he can be the ppqb there. Morrissey is probably the safer play.

Dobber Sports Deity

I am not a fan of either guy for points but I do think Morrissey has the better skillset to produce if given the opportunity.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Points only league is a toss up. I think Nurse has the least obstructive path in front of him. EDM has very few Dmen. Morrissey has more to contend with in his path. Like it was said...... I like Morrissey upside more, but only if given the opportunity. Big if in my opinion.
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Big Daddy

It really is a toss up, the difference between the two won't make or break your team. I'd personally would go with Nurse.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    It really is a toss up, the difference between the two won't make or break your team. I'd personally would go with Nurse.
    This would be my approach as well. Not a big enough difference between the two to not swing for the fences on the off chance that Nurse shares a lot more ice with McDavid, and can earn some more ice time moving forward. Just seems to me that it's more likely Nurse lucks into more icetime and ups his assist rate than Morrissey.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    This would be my approach as well. Not a big enough difference between the two to not swing for the fences on the off chance that Nurse shares a lot more ice with McDavid, and can earn some more ice time moving forward. Just seems to me that it's more likely Nurse lucks into more icetime and ups his assist rate than Morrissey.
    I see it as the opposite for ice time. There's really no one in Edm Nurse can't replace or beat out of a job. Morrissey in Wpg has Byfuglien & to a lesser extent Trouba to eclipse (I can see him taking PP time from Trouba next year) -- Nurse is on the brink of busting through. A slow start from Klefbom next year will only further hand him the torch in Edm. Due to open opportunity, I'd take Nurse
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I see it as the opposite for ice time. There's really no one in Edm Nurse can't replace or beat out of a job. Morrissey in Wpg has Byfuglien & to a lesser extent Trouba to eclipse (I can see him taking PP time from Trouba next year) -- Nurse is on the brink of busting through. A slow start from Klefbom next year will only further hand him the torch in Edm. Due to open opportunity, I'd take Nurse
    This is what I meant, I think the way I worded it was awkward.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Ninja

This Oiler fan would go with Morrissey.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Still learning View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a new GM in a league with a expansion team and a need to decide between Nurse and Morrissey because I can only choose one of the two.

It's a keeper league points only with 3 defensemans counting. I want to know who's going to be the best asset in 3-4 years because right now I will not be competitive.

Can you give me what you think will be their upside?

Thanks
    If your team is 3-4 years out you might want to be asking, "who is more valuable in a trade right now?", and try to gain some futures while still keeping one of them.

Good luck with your expansion project!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Legend

Meh, I don't see either ever living up to their initial hype. Gimme Morrissey I guess.