Thread: Tavares+MAF vs Trocheck+Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Tavares+MAF vs Trocheck+Hellebuyck

30 team dynasty (20 players per team plus unlimited prospects). Fantasy points based. Their fpts for last season are in brackets. The other GM and I are chatting, so nothing's officially on the table yet, but we seem to be hovering around basically this as the core of the deal:

Tavares (421) + Fleury (280 -- in 46 games)
    for
    Trocheck (428) + Hellebuyck (411 -- in 67 games)

Fleury would "project" to be worth 408 if he played 67 games. I currently have Trocheck/Hellebuyck. Would you do this deal? And is it close? Who should be adding kickers? (if anyone) In my mind, it basically comes down to younger/less proven vs older/more proven. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Tavares+MAF vs Trocheck+Hellebuyck

In a 30 team dynasty, I want Hellebuyck. Full stop. End of discussion.

It is so hard to get a goalie in a 30 team league. If you have a 24-year-old workhorse stud on an excellent team you hold on to him tightly.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

Yeah, I want Hellebuyck too. I don't care what Fleury projects too, he'll get two or three concussions next year. Hard pass for me.

Dobber Sports Novice

I was viewing this as a sell high on both Hellebuyck and Trocheck to upgrade to Tavares because goalies are so volatile from year-to-year. But I suppose that even if 50% of Helle's future years are bad, they're probably still better than Fleury's remaining years given the age gap.

But you're both probably right. Thanks for talking some sense into me!

Big Daddy

I don't hold goalies to much value in fantasy because we can see how quickly they can fall off a cliff (Price/Holtby) but in a 30 team league you have a huge advantage if you own a top goalie. You should hold onto Hellebuyck.