Thread: salary cap top 3 draft 2018

Dobber Sports Ace

Default salary cap top 3 draft 2018

league that count salary cap standard stat + block and hit whta is your top 3 for this year

doe the dahlin, svechnikov,zadina stay like these of svchnikov and zadina have an edge over dahlin
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: salary cap top 3 draft 2018

What exactly do you mean when you ask " do Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina stay like these"? Are you talking about fantasy value or are you referring where people should draft them for their fantasy drafts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

i want to know in which order fantasy gm will pick those 3 (i actually own the 2nd and have a possibility to drop to 3rd)
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by NordiqueFan View Post
    i want to know in which order fantasy gm will pick those 3 (i actually own the 2nd and have a possibility to drop to 3rd)
    Gotcha.

A lot depends on league setup I'd imagine. I would have a hard time drafting a Dman 1st overall in most fantasy setups and for me, I'd probably draft them:

Svechnikov
    Zadina
    Dahlin

That's me though. I find Dmen usually take longer to develop and I dont always trust them to fulfill their full potential that is expected of them heading into the draft where as "most" wingers usually come closer to hitting expectations. That being said, I find EVERYONE being drafted is usually over-valued and over-hyped on their expected output but normally, the top groupings are relatively safe in regards to coming close to expectations. In other words, I like Svechnikov and Zadina a lot and am confident they will be something close to what we are expecting, and there's a very good chance Dahlin does too, but it normally takes longer for the D to get there and god knows people are impatient in fantasy hockey.

Good luck. I dont think you can go wrong with any of those three.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Gotcha.

A lot depends on league setup I'd imagine. I would have a hard time drafting a Dman 1st overall in most fantasy setups and for me, I'd probably draft them:

Svechnikov
    Zadina
    Dahlin

That's me though. I find Dmen usually take longer to develop and I dont always trust them to fulfill their full potential that is expected of them heading into the draft where as "most" wingers usually come closer to hitting expectations. That being said, I find EVERYONE being drafted is usually over-valued and over-hyped on their expected output but normally, the top groupings are relatively safe in regards to coming close to expectations. In other words, I like Svechnikov and Zadina a lot and am confident they will be something close to what we are expecting, and there's a very good chance Dahlin does too, but it normally takes longer for the D to get there and god knows people are impatient in fantasy hockey.

Good luck. I dont think you can go wrong with any of those three.
    This sums it up rather nicely. If d men have a big bonus and you are in a long term full keeper setup then I may swing for Dahlin. But in most setups I'd also lean towards the forwards. Look at how long it took Hedman. Eckblad is another good example that hasn't hit the mark on expectations may never get there. D men are just generally more fickle and higher risk.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

I'd probably go Svech - Dahlin - Zadina....but I certainly understand why many would bump Dahlin down to third for fantasy hockey purposes.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Dynasty go Dahlin and be patient. That's the number one imo. But if you're good for D and have the number 1 pick then draft Dahlin and shop him around post draft.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
    Dynasty go Dahlin and be patient. That's the number one imo. But if you're good for D and have the number 1 pick then draft Dahlin and shop him around post draft.
    I'd rather trade the pick pre-draft, as choice of player has that little bit extra value,a nd you get picks back with which you can make your own choices. You may prefer some combo of players with a certain pick combo you get in return that fails to materialize if you wait.

I think the top 3 order is pretty much team need & scoring system dependent.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by NordiqueFan View Post
    I've found a lot of leagues will follow what the NHL does. You will see a lot of the Dahlin,Svechnikov,zadina 1,2,3 in fantasy this year. I agree with the others that unless D is weighted in some kind of way Svechnikov would be the safer more productive play. As for possibility of dropping to 3, I wouldn't consider it unless it was a deal I couldn't say No to. Scouts seem to have agreed that Svechnikov has clearly separated himself from Zadina. Add on to the fact Zadina could end up in a place like Montreal or Ottawa and Zadinas value slides a bit more. I'd see where Zadina lands before making any deals to move down to 3. If Zadina lands in a place like AZ it would be better fantasy wise. Svechnikov is the fantasy prize this year imo.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey