Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Matthews/Marner vs McDavid

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Matthews/Marner vs McDavid

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    If I had a nickle for every slam dunk trade that fell apart where on owner wanted to further negotiate on a completely negligible part of the deal...
    Exactly. Take the deal , load up your roster with McDavid. Don’t quibble over draft picks and lose the deal.
    I hope by now you have accepted.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take it with the pick being a 3rd, and be happy.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agree with the rest. The key here is that it's a limited keeper and you have good options to replace the lost player.

I would make the deal regardless of what pick he's looking for, but see if you can knock it down a tad.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd go back to him and say , 'you know what, f-- it, let's get it done, 2nd rounder is yours' - then keep Risto, watch his +/- sort itself out next season as Buffalo becomes a bubble team
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Expert

I would take this deal in a heartbeat, but I would be keeping Debrincat over Risto.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Pro

The real question is - how did you get such awesome keepers in a 15 team league? Well done!

Also, (even as a Leafs fan), I think you gotta do the McDavid deal...
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Svbetts View Post
    The real question is - how did you get such awesome keepers in a 15 team league? Well done!

Also, (even as a Leafs fan), I think you gotta do the McDavid deal...
    It took a few years. I inherited a fairly mediocre team, but was able to land Karlsson almost immediately (much to my surprise because I never intend to trade him)....I had a really good draft that first year too that landed me guys like Filip Forsberg, Aleksander Barkov, and Nikita Kucherov. I can't remember who else I drafted that year, I just remember getting a REALLY good haul of prospects (most of which panned out). This was back in 2014 when they were all still considered to be rookies or 2nd year guys (who hadn't blown up yet). My league doesn't have a farm system, so it's just a simple keep 10 and then re-draft everyone else each year. I ended up having more talent than I knew what to do with, and was able to make some deals that netted me a plethora of future draft picks, and then turned all of those picks into the #1 and #2 overall picks the year that Matthews and Laine were rookies (and that's who I took 1st and 2nd overall). I knew about Panarin from the KHL and drafted him as well...probably higher than I should have at the time, but he panned out quite well! I made Marner one of my 10 keepers a couple of years ago before he had ever played a single NHL game. It was a risky move, but he also panned out well. I drafted Matt Murray before he ever played an NHL game as well and then held onto him. So yeah...most of my team has been "home grown." I think Crosby, Eichel, and Karlsson are the only 3 I've directly acquired via trades.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Seeds of Grapes View Post
    I would take this deal in a heartbeat, but I would be keeping Debrincat over Risto.
    I know that with the scoring system in my league, Ristolainen is clearly the best option here to round out my keeper list, but there's just something about Debrincat that I really love. I expect him to be a regular in the Hawks' top 6 next year and his ice time should go way up. I wish I could keep him too, and I know I'll never get him back in next years' draft. But I do agree that Ristolainen is the best pick due to the scoring in my league. His blocks were way down this year and his +/- was awful. Hopefully that improves next year...

The Great One

Id be all over the McD deal and Im a leafs fan too. As others have said- upgrade the pick if you can but Id be extra mindful not to let this deal fall apart over a pick discrepancy. As is- you're already well ahead. I might just accept before he wakes up to the fact that McDavid shouldnt really be traded...

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm not sure what his team looks like, but what if you add Risto to the deal and try for an upgrade at the D position at the same time?
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Id be all over the McD deal and Im a leafs fan too. As others have said- upgrade the pick if you can but Id be extra mindful not to let this deal fall apart over a pick discrepancy. As is- you're already well ahead. I might just accept before he wakes up to the fact that McDavid shouldnt really be traded...
    What's your outlook on Marner? I'm curious. With consistent minutes and if he stays out of the doghouse, I can't help but think he's an 80-90 point guy.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by CCB2016 View Post
    What's your outlook on Marner? I'm curious. With consistent minutes and if he stays out of the doghouse, I can't help but think he's an 80-90 point guy.
    yes, he should be.. but why are we still talking about the leafs players? I don't think you've had one person even give pause to accepting this deal. Marher & Matthews should have 85-95pt seasons.. at the same time McDavid is having 110+pt seasons. If Risto gives you a 50pt season and M&M produce 80pt each, - each side is at 160pts. not to mention 110pts could be McDavid's floor, whereas AM, MM is more likely 70-75pt floors.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    yes, he should be.. but why are we still talking about the leafs players? I don't think you've had one person even give pause to accepting this deal. Marher & Matthews should have 85-95pt seasons.. at the same time McDavid is having 110+pt seasons. If Risto gives you a 50pt season and M&M produce 80pt each, - each side is at 160pts. not to mention 110pts could be McDavid's floor, whereas AM, MM is more likely 70-75pt floors.
    I've already accepted the deal, but the other manager is waiting to make another move (one of his d-men) before announcing it, so I'm fine with that. It's basically done.

Thanks for the advice all.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by CCB2016 View Post
    I've already accepted the deal, but the other manager is waiting to make another move (one of his d-men) before announcing it, so I'm fine with that. It's basically done.

Thanks for the advice all.
    Well done.. now fingers crossed he doesn't back out on you

Dobber Sports Pro

Resurrected thread for fun: Who would still do this deal? Matthews & Marner & a 2nd for McDavid...
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk