Poll: Jets or VGK

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Final: Winnipeg Jets vs Vegas Golden Knights

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Western Conference Final: Winnipeg Jets vs Vegas Golden Knights

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    No not really, their style of play is more indicative of a team that's trailing by a goal, even when they are up by 3. There's a sense of urgency in their game from puck drop. It never seems to falter.
    When a team is trailing by a goal they are usually jumping the zone and d-men are pinching.... do the Golden Knights do this all the time??

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I find it comical how before the season people were saying how McPhee made some awful management decisions. The mishandle of Shipachyov for one.
    Look at them now
    Shipa-who?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    When a team is trailing by a goal they are usually jumping the zone and d-men are pinching.... do the Golden Knights do this all the time??
    I was referring more to their tireless dogged pursuit of the puck, but as soon as they gain control of the puck, the entire group transitions into offensive mode and do it faster than any other team in the league. No one seems to ever coast - puck or no puck.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Interesting article from Puck Daddy: https://sports.yahoo.com/trending-to...165016959.html

And this sums it all up for me: "The post-facto explanations for why Vegas had 109 points in the regular season and then mowed through the first three rounds of the playoffs in just 15 games have all necessarily veered into the ?intangibles? territory because there is no tangible way to explain their success".

Dobber Sports Star

I will be honest and say that I watched probably less than 10 Vegas games during the regular season. I have watched all of their games pretty much in the playoffs. In addition to people saying that they are outworking everyone, and their conditioning seems to be great, I have noticed that they rarely make mistakes defensively. When they do make mistakes defensively, goalie cast-away Fleury, has been ungodly. On offense, they are relentless with pouncing on other teams mistakes. It's crazy to watch.

On paper, they still don't look that good to me. On paper, the Oilers look significantly better to me. And yet, here we are. At the beginning of the year, I would have bet a lot of money that Vegas would miss the playoffs.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I will be honest and say that I watched probably less than 10 Vegas games during the regular season. I have watched all of their games pretty much in the playoffs. In addition to people saying that they are outworking everyone, and their conditioning seems to be great, I have noticed that they rarely make mistakes defensively. When they do make mistakes defensively, goalie cast-away Fleury, has been ungodly. On offense, they are relentless with pouncing on other teams mistakes. It's crazy to watch.

On paper, they still don't look that good to me. On paper, the Oilers look significantly better to me. And yet, here we are. At the beginning of the year, I would have bet a lot of money that Vegas would miss the playoffs.

Rylant
    Jesus Rylant...umm...ditto? I completely agree with everything you are saying! It will be interesting to see what William Karlsson gets for his new contract.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Vegas is one of those rare examples of how 1) intangibles do matter and 2) effective team play has the potential to trump individual talent.

Obviously they are the exception to the norm as the most dominant cup winning teams in recent history (Pens, Hawks) have been stocked with talent, but good to see that a well-run team of "OK" individual players, all marching to the beat of the same drum, has the potential to overcome a stacked lineup (like the Jets).

I really think the biggest reason for Vegas' success is the reject factor. Every man in that locker room had a burning desire all year to prove their former teams wrong. Revenge is powerful.

Wow... Vegas is going to have over a full week rest. and the winner of tonights game is going to get a solid rest as well.

https://www.nhl.com/news/stanley-cup...?tid=287339198

Game one isn't until Monday May 28. There is going to be 4 nights without hockey... 1 whole weekend.

This is strategic planning on Sportsnet's part... wait for the finals to start after the Memorial Cup is done.

Administrator

I am going out of town for the weekend so I'm thankful the NHL accepted my request to have the final start Monday. It's all about me right?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Burke just told Fleury that he didn't think he had it in him to carry the load to another Stanley Cup... and then he apologized to him on air.

HockeyCentral at noon, right of the top of the show.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I really think the biggest reason for Vegas' success is the reject factor. Every man in that locker room had a burning desire all year to prove their former teams wrong. Revenge is powerful.
    Could not agree more. The motivation that nobody wants you has to be huge. One thing though; I am not sure how sustainable that type of motivation is. How long can the desire to exact revenge motivate somebody?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Could not agree more. The motivation that nobody wants you has to be huge. One thing though; I am not sure how sustainable that type of motivation is. How long can the desire to exact revenge motivate somebody?

Rylant
    Until you've exacted the revenge... in other words if Vegas wins the cup, look for them to start playing like an actual expansion team next year

Dobber Sports Wizard

Until you've exacted the revenge... in other words if Vegas wins the cup, look for them to start playing like an actual expansion team next year
    They were smart not to trade away their future draft picks.

This is my gut feeling as well... the expectations we had this year are what could be reality next year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    They were smart not to trade away their future draft picks.
    according to capfriendly they only have 1 pick - 2nd in the 1st - 3 rounds of this years draft
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4