Poll: TB or Wash

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Final: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Washington Capitals

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Washington Capitals

I'll go bold.... 6-4 Washington (in all likelihood, I've doubled the actual final score, but a 10goal game 7 is too good not to wish for).

Ovie with a 3rd period natural hatty
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Washington Capitals

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'll go bold.... 6-4 Washington (in all likelihood, I've doubled the actual final score, but a 10goal game 7 is too good not to wish for).

Ovie with a 3rd period natural hatty
    Love it! I guess I will predict even though I am nervous to do so. 4-2 Capitals. The 1st period of this game will decide it either way. No empty net goals.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I guess I will predict even though I am nervous to do so.
    Curious as to why you are so nervous about the Caps advancing or not if you are a Canucks fan? Do you have money riding on Washington winning Cup?

Dobber Sports Ninja

My head says TB, but my heart says OVIE.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

My head and heart say Washington.

Reason my head says Washington is that Tampa had a chance to close Washington out in game 6 and couldn't. Now they are coming home and will be gripping their sticks a little tighter. and the fan base is going to be a little more tense. Also, Washington has came out and scored early in a few games this playoff. I think they will do the same and get the early lead and then Tampa will be playing from behind and the fans will be tense.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rato View Post
    Baffled we're still discussing this in 2018. Tampa has not been dominant in this series but people are taking that completely out of proportion. Saying Vas has masked bad play in this series or the Lightning can only score in the PP is ridiculous.
    Maybe that's beacuse I'm a Bolts fan.
    I'm not sure my post you quoted conveyed my thoughts as clearly as I would have liked - I think this series has been exciting to watch and while, in my opinion, the Caps have outplayed TB for decent stretches at even-strength, the Lightning have been lethal on the PP and buried their opportunities. I also think that a team shouldn't have to apologize for a hot goaltender and that they are still part of the team. TB has depth and I thought with Backstrom being injured that the Caps would be a little easier mark. They have been full marks in taking this series to a Game 7! Can't wait to watch this. I am happy with whichever team wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I've never understood the "let them play" thing. If refs actually called penalties like they're supposed to, there wouldn't be 20 power plays but instead players would adjust. By not calling penalties refs are allowing things to escalate to a point where injuries are very likely to happen. One guy gets tripped, he slashes the other guy to his hand, and the other guy decides to retaliate with a baseball swing to the head. And we all know there are no suspensions coming late in the playoffs, so why not. I'm not sure why that sort of thing is encouraged during the playoffs. "Yeah, let them kill each other. That's playoff hockey!"

(This reply was not really directed at you als_revenge as I know there are thousands of people who say exactly the same thing you're saying, so don't take it personally. This was also not about this latest game which I haven't watched yet, just a general thought.)
    Could not agree more!! Just set a standard and be consistent. No other major sport changes their rules as the games get more important. Bush league. Call the bloody rules and there should be no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    That was constructive criticism? It was a pompous way of saying it. However I am ready to move on and talk hockey. Not going to EV my way into post after post about meaningless crap.

I am very pro Caps. My second favorite team behind the Canucks. I have been drilling the anti Tampa narrative because people on this thread and others gave the Caps no credit. For some reason there is still a belief that Tampa would be the better competition vs Tampa even though by and large they have been bad this series.
    I appreciate your posts today. I also like how you used EV as a verb!! lol I tried to give you some rep, but apparently I have to spread some around first.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports All-Star

The first 4 games went to the visiting teams. The last 3 will go to the home teams. Tampa wins.

The Great One

Sad to say, but I think TB pulls it off tomorrow. Though my heart is still for Washington. I actually think TB will be energized at home, just as Washington was last night.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would like to see a Vegas vs Washington series both teams have a good story coming in, would bring in great ratings as well.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Tonight is the night!!

I love Game 7s in the playoffs (except when Flyers are playing - too stressful).

I would love to see overtime in a game 7 tonight... therefore I am going to predict a 3-2 Washington win... with Ovy scoring the game winner on a wrister on the rush.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Curious as to why you are so nervous about the Caps advancing or not if you are a Canucks fan? Do you have money riding on Washington winning Cup?
    To be honest it's all about Ovi for me. He's my favorite player in the NHL today, if he were on a different team, then I would be cheering for that team. When it comes to the Canucks their my favorite team regardless of who they have playing for them.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Gonna be a good game either way. Both teams have showed periods of dominance. Whoever settles in first and gets their confidence soaring (especially in net) will likely be the victor.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Legend

Gotta admit, the romantic in me is cheering for Ovie.

Dobber Sports Immortal

My wallet wants Tampa. My heart wants Washington. My head thinks.....frig I have no idea. Washington has just continued to defy odds all playoff. I would love to see them win. But....I really don't want Vegas winning and I'm not sure the Caps could take them out.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    My wallet wants Tampa. My heart wants Washington. My head thinks.....frig I have no idea. Washington has just continued to defy odds all playoff. I would love to see them win. But....I really don't want Vegas winning and I'm not sure the Caps could take them out.
    I know I sound like a broken record but the job that the Capitals have done on two skilled fast teams (Pittsburgh and Tampa) says they can beat Vegas in a final IMO.