Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Nashville losing is great news for Saros owners

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Nashville losing is great news for Saros owners

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Philly has 3 NHL goalies... would they be interested in a 4th? NYI, will be calling for sure!
    If I'm the Flyers GM, I'd be VERY interested in Saros, and would move one or both of the guys under contract and a 2nd in a minute for Saros. Honestly, they need to give him an offer sheet, as do the Isles.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Nashville losing is great news for Saros owners

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
    Don't mean to derail the topic at hand here but with Philly and their goalie situation, I wonder what everyone's thoughts are on Carter Hart becoming Philadelphia's starting goalie? Does he? If so, when do we see it happen?

I suspect Rinne will be back next year... I see them grooming Saros into the starting roll. Lessening Rinne's workload perhaps to the 1A/1B like others mentioned and after his contract runs out possibly making Saros the full time starter, or bringing back Rinne as a backup and mentor.
    Flyers goalies ahead of Hart that aren't NHL regulars that could be that:
    Anthony Stolarz - depends on how healthy he returns.
    Alex Lyon - if resigned, which looks very likely after his monster Phantoms postseason so far.

Hart is going to get 1-2 seasons in the AHL, barring injury woes like this year and stellar play by him. Flyers have Elliott & Neuvirth under contract for next year, and no longer, one might get moved. Depending on expansion timeline, they may need to sign one of them to an extension for exposure purposes, depending on rules, but neither is along-term answer.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.