Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nashville losing is great news for Saros owners

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Nashville losing is great news for Saros owners

The beginning of the end of Rinne's Reign as Nashville's starter is here, and the Saros era has begun.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Nashville losing is great news for Saros owners

Considering Father Time isn't on Rinne's side, this isn't really news.

That being said, Rinne is still up for the Vezina this year and is still one of the leagues premiere goalies.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    The beginning of the end of Rinne's Reign as Nashville's starter is here, and the Saros era has begun.
    Meh. Rinne is probably going to win the Vezina. Sooooo ya at best next they split.

Dobber Sports Jedi

to think a Vezina candidate will lose his starting job the following year due to 11 min of poor goaltending... man. That would be awful, especially with the length of time he has been the starting G for the Preds. He'll finish his contract - 1yr left as a 1a/1b option. That said, I will be pushing to acquire Saros in the league I own Rinne.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Can we assume that Saros will be Nashville's starter in 2019-20? If so, what's his upside? Top5 in the league?
    14teams. 25players
    (14F:8D:3G)Points only
    Goal/Pass= F:1/1 D:2/1
    Wins/SO= 2/2
    12-14 keepers
    F: Draisaitl,Barkov,Matthews,Crosby,Voracek
    D:Carlson,Josi,Theodore,Chabot,Hronek
    G:Vasilevsky,Demko

Dobber Sports Pro

1 year left at a $7M cap hit. He will still start next season, just expect Saros to get some more starts, maybe around 30

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Can we assume that Saros will be Nashville's starter in 2019-20? If so, what's his upside? Top5 in the league?
    Nashville is set up to be good for a while so he should be a top 15 goalie. Problem is that he is smaller and I can potentially see Nashville being worried about that and giving up on him after a bad season
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Guru

I'm someone who believes that Nashville won't go to Saros for a while yet. I say Rinne is the main guy next year, and at some point, re-signs a two-or three-year contract that won't put them into a 1A/1B situation for two or three years from now.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

I believe Saros' new contract will be a telling tale on where Nashville feels they are going with their future goalies.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't think we can say the Saros era has begun until he starts 50+ games a year. That certainly won't happen because the likely Vezina winner and one of the best goalies in the league let in 2 soft goals. Maybe in 3 years it'll be the Saros era.

But I agree that Saros' trade value has definitely spiked overnight because of it, whether it's warranted or not

The Great One

This is an interesting and definitely worth monitoring, but I wouldn't get too excited yet, if I was a Saros owner.

We've seen many young goalies struggle once they are given the starting job, so it is quite possible Nashville eventually goes with a 1A/1B situation for a year or two before Saros is the full-time starter. There is nothing more frustrating to me as a fantasy hockey player than goalie tandems.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I'm someone who believes that Nashville won't go to Saros for a while yet. I say Rinne is the main guy next year, and at some point, re-signs a two-or three-year contract that won't put them into a 1A/1B situation for two or three years from now.
    This has been what I've expected all season. I really don't see two flukey goals being enough to make Nashville do something drastic. Heck, Rinne looks poised to win the Vezina after taking his team to the finals the previous season. Father time is undefeated, but I think Rinne is in the driver's seat in regards to his future in Nashville. If he thinks he can start 55+ games for three more years, I honestly think he gets the opportunity - barring a more serious decline or more injury issues, clearly.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I don't think we can say the Saros era has begun until he starts 50+ games a year. That certainly won't happen because the likely Vezina winner and one of the best goalies in the league let in 2 soft goals. Maybe in 3 years it'll be the Saros era.

But I agree that Saros' trade value has definitely spiked overnight because of it, whether it's warranted or not
    This is a big thing in my mind right now. I own him in a dynasty league, and I've been trying to quietly shop him all day. I'm still thinking that the crease belongs to Rinne for 2-3 years, so if I can use Saros to get an upgrade elsewhere, I am likely to take it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I believe Saros' new contract will be a telling tale on where Nashville feels they are going with their future goalies.
    I mostly agree with this. I don't think anyone really thinks that Nashville is currently looking outside the organization for their future goalie, so his offer should tell you a lot about how they view him, with one caveat, Saros is a RFA. While it's possible that another team makes him an offer, whether the Predators match or not, I think it's doubtful. Teams don't poach RFA's much in the NHL. If he does get an offer externally, it will be Nashville's response that tells us what they think.

If I'm running Nashville, he's my #1 priority, not that it means much. Ryan Hartman is the only other free agent I think they really want to bring back that might require much work to get done.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Monster

I am not sure if this was him just speaking off the cuff, but I found this comment interesting - https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm..._nashville_if/

Skip to the end. "They better come back find a way to come back otherwise I think this'll be it for Pekka there in Nashville"

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I am not sure if this was Kyper just speaking off the cuff, but I found this comment interesting - https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm..._nashville_if/

Skip to the end. He basically said he thought Rinne would be done in Nashville if they lost game 7.
    Meh, if this was Poile making these comments they'd hold water for me. Kyper is no different then any of us making an opinion. That's all it is in my eyes.