Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nashville losing is great news for Saros owners

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Nashville losing is great news for Saros owners

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I believe Saros' new contract will be a telling tale on where Nashville feels they are going with their future goalies.
    This is exactly what I was thinking when I started scrolling through this thread. I think Axe nailed it. I’ll be keeping a close eye �� on his Saros’ extension.

Dobber Sports Master

they may want to add some picks (none in first 2 rounds) so you never know what type of offers they might receive if they dangled Rinne .

Saros partnered with a decent 1b guy looking to reboot his career in a different zip code could be an avenue they explore.

islanders spin --if they add lou lams you can bet that he looks into upgrading the goaltending and defense (11th,12th ov and 2 picks in round 2 )

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    they may want to add some picks (none in first 2 rounds) so you never know what type of offers they might receive if they dangled Rinne .

Saros partnered with a decent 1b guy looking to reboot his career in a different zip code could be an avenue they explore.

islanders spin --if they add lou lams you can bet that he looks into upgrading the goaltending and defense (11th,12th ov and 2 picks in round 2 )
    While I don't think Rinne gets moved, I do agree that whoever is in charge in Long island they're going to be able to - and should IMO - use some of those picks to upgrade in the crease. Poile is just too cautious a GM for me to see him moving a Vezina Calibre goalie for futures. Saros has been great, but he's still pretty young, and God forbid they move Rinne and Saros turns into the next Darling.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Pekka Rinne - G - Predators

Pekka Rinne spoke to the media about when his time in Nashville will come to an end and on his back-up Juuse Saros.

"My age is just a number, I still feel great. I still have the passion" said Rinne. "... but I also think Juuse (Saros) is deserving of more. And I can’t see into the future, but one of these days I will step aside and the (net) will be his." Rinne is signed through the 2017-18 season for a $7 million cap hit. Some are speculating the Preds could look to move Rinne this off-season and go with the younger and cheaper Saros. A move similar to what the Lightning did with Ben Bishop and Andrei Vasilevskiy. The Preds will have an interesting decision on their hands this summer, freeing up $7million in cap space would allow them to load up even more for a Cup run next season. As usual, these sorts of big trades usually happen during the NHL Entry Draft and this season it is scheduled to take place on June 22nd. Nashville's GM David Poile has a long history of making big deals in the hopes of improving his roster
    14teams. 25players
    (14F:8D:3G)Points only
    Goal/Pass= F:1/1 D:2/1
    Wins/SO= 2/2
    12-14 keepers
    F: Draisaitl,Barkov,Matthews,Crosby,Voracek
    D:Carlson,Josi,Theodore,Chabot,Hronek
    G:Vasilevsky,Demko

Dobber Sports Stud

What are Saros' current terms?
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    What are Saros' current terms?
    RFA, per CapFriendly.

https://capfriendly.com/teams/predators
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Pekka will dominate the regular season again next year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Philly has 3 NHL goalies... would they be interested in a 4th? NYI, will be calling for sure!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Philly has 3 NHL goalies... would they be interested in a 4th? NYI, will be calling for sure!
    Only two are under contract next season. I dont see Mrazek back there next year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Only two are under contract next season. I dont see Mrazek back there next year.

Don't mean to derail the topic at hand here but with Philly and their goalie situation, I wonder what everyone's thoughts are on Carter Hart becoming Philadelphia's starting goalie? Does he? If so, when do we see it happen?

I suspect Rinne will be back next year... I see them grooming Saros into the starting roll. Lessening Rinne's workload perhaps to the 1A/1B like others mentioned and after his contract runs out possibly making Saros the full time starter, or bringing back Rinne as a backup and mentor.
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague
    16 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)
    SBFHL Champion: 2013-14, 2017-18

Main Roster
    F:Tavares/Malkin/Benn/Pavelski/Tarasenko
    /Granlund/Parise/Dubois/DeBrincat/Ritchie/Chiasson/Marleau/
    D:Hedman/Subban/Doughty/Rielly/Oleksiak/C. Miller
    G:Rask/Quick

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody
    D: Jokiharju/Perunovich/M. Phiillips/Weegar
    G: Gillies/Brossoit/Wedgewood/Eriksson EK

Dobber Sports Deity

Philly isn't going to rush Carter Hart. Alex Lyon will be there ahead of Hart if needed.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

I think Hart will start next year in the AHL, will only get called up if injuries dictate it, and will then possibly be a backup the year after (or in a 1A/1B situation). So we're looking at three to four years before he's a true number one goalie.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I think Hart will start next year in the AHL, will only get called up if injuries dictate it, and will then possibly be a backup the year after (or in a 1A/1B situation). So we're looking at three to four years before he's a true number one goalie.
    Demko is a good comparable for Hart's situation. 2-3 years in the AHL but I think both can become NHL starters soon after that - maybe 1 year splitting starts but there's no point in having them on the bench year after year.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Demko is a good comparable for Hart's situation. 2-3 years in the AHL but I think both can become NHL starters soon after that - maybe 1 year splitting starts but there's no point in having them on the bench year after year.
    Yeah, my timeline is for the optimist (although the true optimist would have him making the NHL and playing excellent enough next season to become the #1 guy right away). I think Carter spends one year in the AHL (provided he doesn't suck there) as both Elliott and Neuvirth are UFAs next summer. That opens the door for potentially Hart to be in the NHL quicker.

That said, there's a lot of if. If Hart doesn't suck in the NHL, if Elliott and Neuvirth continue to be average goalies, if neither of them are r-signed, if there's no major trades/free agent signings for other potential number one netminders, if Lyon doesn't perform well enough to steal a number one job, etc.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Yeah, my timeline is for the optimist (although the true optimist would have him making the NHL and playing excellent enough next season to become the #1 guy right away). I think Carter spends one year in the AHL (provided he doesn't suck there) as both Elliott and Neuvirth are UFAs next summer. That opens the door for potentially Hart to be in the NHL quicker.

That said, there's a lot of if. If Hart doesn't suck in the NHL, if Elliott and Neuvirth continue to be average goalies, if neither of them are r-signed, if there's no major trades/free agent signings for other potential number one netminders, if Lyon doesn't perform well enough to steal a number one job, etc.
    Yeah, just one year in the AHL seems a bit optimistic. Even Vasilevskiy spent two years split between the NHL and AHL, and he was coming from the KHL.

I loved this tweet from Corey Pronman:
    We go live to Ron Hextall's brain:

Rational part: Goalies do take long to develop, and even the best junior goalies outside top 5 picks need a year or two in the AHL.

Impulse part: Carter Hart is starting opening night. We will have no backup goalie on the roster.