Thread: Who is B. Perlini?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Who is B. Perlini?

Ok Boys,

I keep hearing about strome, domi and dvorak as the best young players in AZ but I get the feeling this Perlini kid does not get enough love.
    he was being used as atop six for most of the season. almost scored 20...

But who is he really? will he be a legite top six? PP1 or PP2 and what is his real upside. he's only 22 yrs so I feel he should be in the same discussion as the Domi...but maybe I am really off and he does not deserve to be seen in that league as a legit 60 pts player one day.

assuming this team continues to build and move fwrd who is this Perlini kid?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Who is B. Perlini?

I drafted him this year, but I have concerns that he only scores goals. I didn't watch him much if at all.

Dobber Sports Ace

I think you forgot about claykell...
    But as far as perlini goes I think he is what you see with some growth. I'd label him as a 20-20 guy with some upside for more.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I just read a couple quick reports on him, some old, some new(ish) ... big powerful forward that has top end speed, great shot and good hands. Player comparisons - James Neal, Bobby Ryan (assuming a young Ryan) and JVR. Not as physical as Neal - would put him closer to Ryan and JVR. If you're getting a 30+-30+ power forward that can throw in 40+pim & 80+ hits. that's a hell of a winger. More of a goal scorer than passer...

I can see him taking another good step forward next year and pushing 25-20 to 45pts. This will be the 3rd year in a row I've called for the Yotes to take a step forward in the standings. They're definitely getting closer to doing so. With his size he could become a really solid net front presence & that could scoop him onto PP1 next year. for the most part 2nd liner with PP2 time primarily. I really like the JVR/Ryan comparisons as his upside. The biggest knock on him was commitment, a bit lazy in the training/practice dept. If he fixes that he could become really good
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Interesting, he was drafted pretty high 12th overall, I expect these guys to be top six fixtures, so now I need to decide if I should keep him in hopes he can be a 30-30 or 30-25 is ok too in our league of 330 players drafted. is this his realistic potential assuming he adjusts his attitude?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would have to disagree with some of the above evaluation on him. He isnt very big, but he has an engine and hands. I wouldnt expect much for hits in the future. His value will probably entirely depend on where he lands in the lineup. With the right pairing he could explode but if i were to guess he fits the bill of a speedy 3rd line/pk guy
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ridethesnow View Post
    I would have to disagree with some of the above evaluation on him. He isnt very big, but he has an engine and hands. I wouldnt expect much for hits in the future. His value will probably entirely depend on where he lands in the lineup. With the right pairing he could explode but if i were to guess he fits the bill of a speedy 3rd line/pk guy
    he's 6'3" 211lbs... pretty sure that stat line puts him in everyone's 'big' category. Unless you compare him to Chara.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    he's 6'3" 211lbs... pretty sure that stat line puts him in everyone's 'big' category. Unless you compare him to Chara.
    My bad i totally gapped out and for some reason was thinking of brandon leipsic. No wonder it didnt seem right. Too many hits from the peace pipe. Sorry
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Jedi

My bad i totally gapped out and for some reason was thinking of brandon leipsic. No wonder it didnt seem right. Too many hits from the peace pipe. Sorry
    you shouldn't drink from the goalies water bottle after Leipsic...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

His shot is too good for 3rd line. I think he can become a Pacioretty light. I’m expecting 25g-15a ish next year.