Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Points-Only Breakouts for Next Season?

The Great One

Default Re: Points-Only Breakouts for Next Season?

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    since Larkin just put up 63pts, a career high. IMO for him to be on this list, we're talking 75+pts next year.
    I guess that is the problem with these types of lists...there were lots of players this past season that scored 60-65 pts that I think can add another 10 pts to that total, which puts them in a different category. Players like Ehlers, Point, Aho, Larkin, Nylander...maybe they have already "broken out" but I think they could improve on their totals next season.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I guess that is the problem with these types of lists...there were lots of players this past season that scored 60-65 pts that I think can add another 10 pts to that total, which puts them in a different category. Players like Ehlers, Point, Aho, Larkin, Nylander...maybe they have already "broken out" but I think they could improve on their totals next season.
    right? I mean, technically speaking, without parameters you can add Matthews, Eichel etc. since they have so much more upside. Matthews has yet to hit 70pts afterall.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

right? I mean, technically speaking, without parameters you can add Matthews, Eichel etc. since they have so much more upside. Matthews has yet to hit 70pts afterall.
    True. I guess I was just looking for players who will likely fall fairly low in the draft this coming year, and who might be smart picks to take a flyer on. Ehlers, Point, and Aho are all likely to go pretty darn high. I think Point may be a keeper, actually. The team who has him is in love with him, haha.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Svbetts View Post
    True. I guess I was just looking for players who will likely fall fairly low in the draft this coming year, and who might be smart picks to take a flyer on. Ehlers, Point, and Aho are all likely to go pretty darn high. I think Point may be a keeper, actually. The team who has him is in love with him, haha.
    it started out that way... a lot of things get out of hand

I can't recall if he was mentioned, but Nick Ritchie will be a potential late round grab after his 10g crappy year.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

it started out that way... a lot of things get out of hand

I can't recall if he was mentioned, but Nick Ritchie will be a potential late round grab after his 10g crappy year.

Chiming in here without reading the entire thread, you think Nick Ritchie will become a better player? I acquired him in a trade as a thrown in at the end of this season... and his stats are brutal. I won the Championship and he's currently one of the few players on my team who bring my overall down... think he's due for a solid bounce back year with a nice uptick in production? (And what do you say if they end up trading Perry?)
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague
    16 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)
    SBFHL Champion: 2013-14, 2017-18

Main Roster
    F:Tavares/Malkin/Benn/Pavelski/Tarasenko
    /Granlund/Parise/Dubois/DeBrincat/Ritchie/Chiasson/Marleau/
    D:Hedman/Subban/Doughty/Rielly/Oleksiak/C. Miller
    G:Rask/Quick

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody
    D: Jokiharju/Perunovich/M. Phiillips/Weegar
    G: Gillies/Brossoit/Wedgewood/Eriksson EK

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
    Chiming in here without reading the entire thread, you think Nick Ritchie will become a better player? I acquired him in a trade as a thrown in at the end of this season... and his stats are brutal. I won the Championship and he's currently one of the few players on my team who bring my overall down... think he's due for a solid bounce back year with a nice uptick in production? (And what do you say if they end up trading Perry?)
    if they trade Perry, they'll be retaining a sizeable chunk of his salary. Perry won't affect Ritchie that much, they played the same line for the first part of the year. Something was very wrong with Ritchie last year. in 16/17 he had a 250 sog pace. I'm not expecting elite level production out of him, but I'm still convinced he's a 25-30 goal - 45-50pt winger. I'm pegging him in for 25-20 again this year with 200+ hits & shots. I held him all year in one multi-cat league because I'm not ready to give up on him - and his hits are valuable.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
    Do you mean buying out Perry? Imagine how much they'd have to pay for someone to take that contract. Do they even have enough prospects to make it happen?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

if they trade Perry, they'll be retaining a sizeable chunk of his salary. Perry won't affect Ritchie that much, they played the same line for the first part of the year. Something was very wrong with Ritchie last year. in 16/17 he had a 250 sog pace. I'm not expecting elite level production out of him, but I'm still convinced he's a 25-30 goal - 45-50pt winger. I'm pegging him in for 25-20 again this year with 200+ hits & shots. I held him all year in one multi-cat league because I'm not ready to give up on him - and his hits are valuable.
    I got him at the end of the year so thankfully I did not have to sit on him all season, but even the short time I've had him its so hard not to drop him. As shown in my sig my league offers a bunch of different CATS so he SHOULD be more valuable then he has been. I am hoping you are right with the projections. Would love to see him hit 50 points; solid for a bottom end player on my team!

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Do you mean buying out Perry? Imagine how much they'd have to pay for someone to take that contract. Do they even have enough prospects to make it happen?
    No I mean trading him. Read a few different rumors... of course they are just rumors. But that the Ducks may be able to trade him (retain some salary) to a team like Calgary or something where he could get a "fresh start". Of course they would probably lose out on the trade short term, but was wondering if moving him would give Ritchie more opportunity. I will be honest, I don't follow the Ducks all that much in regards to lines, ice time, etc.
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague
    16 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)
    SBFHL Champion: 2013-14, 2017-18

Main Roster
    F:Tavares/Malkin/Benn/Pavelski/Tarasenko
    /Granlund/Parise/Dubois/DeBrincat/Ritchie/Chiasson/Marleau/
    D:Hedman/Subban/Doughty/Rielly/Oleksiak/C. Miller
    G:Rask/Quick

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody
    D: Jokiharju/Perunovich/M. Phiillips/Weegar
    G: Gillies/Brossoit/Wedgewood/Eriksson EK

Dobber Sports Prodigy

With news that Kessel may be on his way out does tbis set up Geuntzel for a great breakoit campaign? If he can land top PP all year I think he could hit 70 or more!
    - Keeper League / 10 Keepers / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W - 2 PT per SO -

F: Rantanen, Monahan, Barkov, Aho, Wheeler, Keller, Nylander J. Hughes, Reinhart. W. Karlsson, Konecny, Rust, E. Staal, Killorn, Getzlaf,
    D: Krug, Gustafsson, Provorov, Morrissey, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Jarry, Rittich, Murray

Dobber Sports Monster

Miller
    Aho
    Ehlers
    Konecny
    DeBrusk
    Domi
    Beauvillier

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Tanknation View Post
    With news that Kessel may be on his way out does tbis set up Geuntzel for a great breakoit campaign? If he can land top PP all year I think he could hit 70 or more!
    It depends on who they bring in to replace Kessel.

If they do trade him, they will have a fair bit of cash to get someone (like JvR) in Free Agency, and then Guentzel still won't get top PP minutes.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Rookie

With 1st line and 1PP time, on a rebuilding Ranger's team, Spooner can have a breakout year. He showed that he can put on greats numbers at the end of the last season.

I expect a breakout season for Teravainen too. 70+ points will be possible on a Carolina's team who cannot be as bad as last year.
    8 teams keeper, 12 A, 6 D, 2 G count. 1 pt G/A; 2 pts W, 3 pts Shutout
    7 changes per mounth

Fowards:

Beauvillier, Svechnikov, Kamenev, Point, MacKinnon, Dano, Shinkaruk, Teravainen, Trochek, Huberdeau, Vesey, Scheifele, V.Rask, Mi. Granlund, Spooner, Zucker, R.Smith, Duchene, Marchesseault, Dadonov, P.Kane, Simmonds, Okposo, Zuccarello, Oshie, Bozak, Vrbata.

Defense:

Chychrun, Kylington, Theodore, Matheson, Gostisbehere, J.Schultz, McDonagh, PK Subban, Muzzin, E.Johnson, Phaneuf

Goalie:

Mrazek, Allen, Andersen, Reimer, Fleury

Dobber Sports Jedi

If Montreal signs Stastny - I think Jonathan Drouin becomes a prime candidate (if they move him back to wing)

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks guys! REP left. Yeah, I was thinking about taking TT from the Canes this coming year. Wouldn't surprise me if he falls fairly low in the draft.

Drouin is likely a keeper for the team that currently has him.
    G - Skinner

F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    B - Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Pro

So what do you think of this "draft order" if these guys are available for a points only pool? Feel free to make any changes you want.

Dubois
    Larkin
    Miller
    Konecny
    DeBrusk
    Buchnevich
    Tkachuk
    Mantha
    Schmaltz
    Puljujarvi
    Spooner
    Kapanen
    Beauvillier
    Meier
    Kase
    Fischer
    Domi
    Bratt
    Johnsson
    Bjugstad
    Vatrano
    G - Skinner

B - Mateychuk