Thread: Never made the Dahlin deal, but....

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Never made the Dahlin deal, but....

I managed to pick up Shea Weber for Theodore and 2nd (2019).

Fair or did I overpay?
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Never made the Dahlin deal, but....

Can't say I'm a fan here.

Weber is in tough on a poor Canadiens team and there really isn't much upside with him anymore with his age. Plus he missed so much time this past season with injury that you have to worry a bit about that going forward. His one full season in Montreal yielded 42 points, and that's what I would expect moving forward.

Theodore was on pace for 39 this year in his first season, which wasn't even a full one yet. There's only room to grow for him and it's likely that he'll be outperforming Weber before too long.

Add in that it's points only with +/- and that's just another knock against Weber in Montreal.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sorry to say but I'm with Kofax on this one. I think Theodore alone would have been an overpay, and you lost a 2nd as well.

Can't win them all.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't like this trade either. With the D you already have rostered I can't fathom why you'd chase Weber.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Maybe I just got swept up in what Weber used to be. Hoping for a HUGE bounceback season. Theodore was on the bubble for me anyway. The 2nd hurt, but you win some and lose some I guess.
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller

Dobber Sports Jedi

multi-cat I like the trade - Theodore just would never compensate enough offensively for Weber's periph filling ability
    points only Theodore should = or surpass Weber this year - so not good
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Not a fan of this but in the end, if you can say you are happy with Weber, then it's not so bad. Maybe he comes back next season more motivated and does a lot better? Who knows?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeps View Post
    I managed to pick up Shea Weber for Theodore and 2nd (2019).

Fair or did I overpay?
    You did overpay, but I still think I would rather have Weber than Theodore. Theodore has a lot of promise, but Weber should be solid as long as he's healthy. I am not sure how valuable that pick is, but I am assuming a 2nd in most drafts has a lot of currency.

You traded promise for stability, though the gap between Theodore and Weber could close most of the way this upcoming season. I know a lot of people are jumping ship on Weber but I think Montreal has a comeback this season and returns to mediocrity (fighting for 2nd wildcard).

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Genius

Methinks I would rather have the next 3 years of Weber than the next 3 years of Theodore in a points only set up. I have no problem with that swap. If you lose a 2nd in the swap, meh, whatever. You have a glut of player that you can use to recoup a pick or two. Losing a 2019 2nd is not a franchise crippling loss.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

you went from one extreme (the shinny new kid) to the next (and old, broken yet still effective Weber). I'm neutral on this one. The added pick I think could be the difference favoring the other GM, but I just find it interesting that you went from selling the farm to get the new kid to simply overpaying to get the oft injured, on a not very good team Weber.

Happens thought. When I work so hard on a deal that doesn't happen, I have to ensure I put my parking brake on before I find myself trading away Malkin and Marner for Tavares, Kapanen and Suter. (Yes... this DID happen). Not saying I regret, but I recognize I could have probably done better.

Hope it works out for you.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    you went from one extreme (the shinny new kid) to the next (and old, broken yet still effective Weber). I'm neutral on this one. The added pick I think could be the difference favoring the other GM, but I just find it interesting that you went from selling the farm to get the new kid to simply overpaying to get the oft injured, on a not very good team Weber.

Happens thought. When I work so hard on a deal that doesn't happen, I have to ensure I put my parking brake on before I find myself trading away Malkin and Marner for Tavares, Kapanen and Suter. (Yes... this DID happen). Not saying I regret, but I recognize I could have probably done better.

Hope it works out for you.
    Well, now I am using said Weber (because he is a habs fan) along with Chychrun to try and grab Dahlin. I could even sweeten with Puljujarvi

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeps View Post
    Well, now I am using said Weber (because he is a habs fan) along with Chychrun to try and grab Dahlin. I could even sweeten with Puljujarvi
    you would have to IMO (there's no way I move Dahlin for old man Weber)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Good luck on the flip, but remember the sum of all deals. If you need to take a detour to land Dahlin and it ends up costing you in two trades that's a hefty price.

So if you pull that deal off, you've traded:

Theodore
    2019 2nd
    Chychrun
    Puljujarvi

for Dahlin. If that's a trade you'd make in one deal, then go for it.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Those three were all cuts for me anyways. Well, not Weber.