Thread: Klefbom, Crawford Trade

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Klefbom, Crawford Trade

I received a trade offer in a real salary cap keep league.
    stats are goals, assists, points, +-, pims, shots, blocks, gaa, sv%, wins, shut out, Powerplay points

My current team
    C - Dvorak, Schiefele, E.Stall, Turris
    LW - Bailey, B.Schenn, Tkachuk
    RW - Gourde, Kane, Kerfoot, Nylander
    D - Klefbom, Ellis, Butcher, Buff, OEL
    G- Hellebuyck, Crawford, Price, Forsberg

I have received an offer of Kyle Conner, Justin Faulk, Robby Fabbri, 2nd round pick, 4th round pick for Corey Crawford and Klefbom.
    Thoughts?
    I was thinking Turris and Forsberg are clear drops and possibly kerfoot and dvorak.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Klefbom, Crawford Trade

It's not a terrible offer but they are really buying low on two guys with big upside. The guys and picks you are being offered are good, but I hate the idea of trading a pretty proven starter and not getting one back. You are very strong in net; I don't see a reason to undo that unless you get an offer that involves a goalie coming back.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Genius

One question needs to be answered first (to help determine Crawford's value). How many teams are in the league? Looking to find out how many goalies are rostered...
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Jedi

Fabbri blowing out his surgically repaired knee a week into training camp last year sends up a runway of warning signs to me. I'm not sold he'll come back healthy & if he does if he'll have a significant NHL role this year. Moving out Crawford, I'd also want Forsberg to go with him (see if he can get added to the deal - no value to you without Crow)... but yes, you need a G coming back that can give you some injury insulation. Connor is a good piece coming your way, but what is the value of trade picks?

more info on your league needed & that trade doesn't do it for m as is.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

It is a 12 team league and all teams have 3 goalies. Most teams have 2 starting goalies and a back up.
    With Price and Crawfords injury last season is how I ended up with Forsberg.

Dobber Sports Jedi

what is your current cap situation? do you need to move out salary?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

Right now I have 78 million used. But Helley and nylander due for a raise. So I likely need to ship out salary.

- - - Updated - - -

I am guestimating 6 million for Helley and about 6-7 million for Nylander

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree to send out Forsberg as well. I'd try to get something else coming back, either instead of Fabbri or in addition. He should be able to spare somebody of at least potential value.

If most teams have 2 starters & a backup in a 12 team league, then there are options out there in net available.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 67leafs View Post
    It is a 12 team league and all teams have 3 goalies. Most teams have 2 starting goalies and a back up.
    With Price and Crawfords injury last season is how I ended up with Forsberg.
    OK - So your league rosters about 40-45 goalies at any given time, leaving a couple handfuls of goalies kicking around the WW. That really helps to determine Crawford's value.

In your case, I would say, "Heck yes! you can easily ship out Crawford for players producing on their entry-level contract or bridge contracts."

Whether you want to take the deal on the table is up to you. But know that... If you are not getting a goalie back you have to get value contracts coming back. Your cap commitments do not need an OK $6M dollar player coming back. You have already said Turris is your easy drop.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

Put me with the crowd that says Crawford should be packaged with Forsberg (handcuffs makes sense) and looking to upgrade on Fabrri.

Also, I know you said most teams have 2 starters and a back up. But how many goalies start and is it daily or weekly? If you have a start 1G set up, moving your 3rd starter doesn't seem like a huge deal. But it's a different story in a 2G set up...

Dobber Sports Sage

Since this owner has already expressed an interest, I would try to move Crawford. Just too many question marks with his health PLUS there is no reason to believe the Hawks defense will be any better next season.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt, Hayton
    RW- Batherson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Stone, Wilson, Raymond,
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Ristolainen, Cernak, Barrie
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Levi, Tarasov

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Mintyukov, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, Podskolvin, REvans, Dorofeyev, Anunumen