Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Cup 2018

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Memorial Cup 2018

Quality smoothness, makes it look so easy.
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Dobson has shot up the draft board all year and I see him going top 6, 2nd dman off the board

Dobber Sports Expert

Stuart Skinner played absolutely amazing last night, stopping 54 of 56 infront of an overwhelmed Broncos team (sans Tyler Steenbergen, out with an injury) but it wasn't enough as the Hamilton Bulldogs took the game 2-1.

Bulldogs back in Cup

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    Dobson has shot up the draft board all year and I see him going top 6, 2nd dman off the board
    yeah I was afraid of this happening - had hopes that he'd slide to the isles at 11th ov

otoh , someone else will slide instead

Dobber Sports Legend

I sort of wish Dobson didn't play so well recently. I had him pegged as my pick at 10 for a month and thought he would slip to me, until now.

Dobber Sports Expert

Hamilton defeated Acadie-Bathurst last night 3-2 leaving both teams with a 2-1 record through the preliminary round. Tonight's game of Regina and Swift Current decides which team will go straight through to the final. Go Broncos!

The real Hamilton Bulldogs have now arrived at the Memorial Cup

The Bulldogs could still receive a spot in the final without playing another game.A Swift Current win over Regina on Wednesday leaves the Bulldogs and Titan tied for first place with 2-1 records, but Hamilton would hold the tiebreaker because of its head-to-head win.
    However, a Regina win over Swift Current would create a three-way tie for top spot between the Pats, Bulldogs and Titan.
    The Titan would get a bye to the final because they hold a one-goal advantage based on goals for and goals against in games not involving Swift Current. Hamilton would play Regina in the semis under this scenario.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hamilton defeated Acadie-Bathurst last night 3-2 leaving both teams with a 2-1 record through the preliminary round. Tonight's game of Regina and Swift Current decides which team will go straight through to the final. Go Broncos!

The real Hamilton Bulldogs have now arrived at the Memorial Cup
    Interesting how conservative the Titan played it by not pulling their goalie with an PP while down one in the final minutes. I guess they are really hoping for a Regina win tonight!

Dobber Sports Expert

Considering Hamilton had no worries about icing the puck it would've made the Titans pulling their goalie even riskier. Better to lose by 1 and still have a chance and the bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Considering Hamilton had no worries about icing the puck it would've made the Titans pulling their goalie even riskier. Better to lose by 1 and still have a chance and the bye.
    I am a conservative guy, but I think I would want to show confidence in my guys and take the chance to win our spot into the final rather than hope for a Regina win.

If I show confidence in my guys then I feel they might be better prepared for a semi-final game if we do not make the final. If I take the conservative approach and still end up in the semi-final... what does that say to my team?

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    yeah I was afraid of this happening - had hopes that he'd slide to the isles at 11th ov

otoh , someone else will slide instead
    i was in house watching Dobson last night, while i dont think he had a great game, hes so smooth. tall kid, needs to add some weight though. hes gonna be good.

also watched Thomas...hes gonna be a gem i think. not an elite guy but one of those solid contributor types.

also was interested in watching Strome, just to see what hes all about. i havent really watched any of the other two Stromes skate that closely but oh my..Matt skates like a beer leaguer! his feet look llike the weight 100lbs each the way he sloths up the ice
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post

also was interested in watching Strome, just to see what hes all about. i havent really watched any of the other two Stromes skate that closely but oh my..Matt skates like a beer leaguer! his feet look llike the weight 100lbs each the way he sloths up the ice
    Yup... I remember reading about his skating when the Flyers drafted him. Therefore I have never got my hopes up to see him as a contributor with the Flyers. I wouldn't be hurt if the Flyers included him in a trade to improve on a goalie after he had a decent season in the OHL.

Dobber Sports Expert

Regina defeated Swift Current 6-5 last night.

Regina, Hamilton, and Acadie-Bathurst all finish the preliminary round with a 2-1 record. The Titans hold the tiebreaker and go straight to the cup final while the Pats and Bulldogs play tomorrow night to decide who goes on between them.

The Titan decision to not pull the goalie definitely paid off.

Sucks for Swift Current that they were missing one of their top guns...but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Go Titan!!

Dobber Sports Icon

was watching this one from ice level last night..Sam Steel was out of his mind! 5A! Nick Henry 3G!
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    was watching this one from ice level last night..Sam Steel was out of his mind! 5A! Nick Henry 3G!
    Jealous!! I can't believe how empty some of the games are. I feel like when it was in Brandon it was packed house every night!