Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mittelstadt vs #2 Pick in 2018 Draft *REP*

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Mittelstadt vs #2 Pick in 2018 Draft *REP*

Assuming Dahlin goes #1...

I don't see how anyone would be able to pass up on Svechnikov at 2nd overall. He should arguably be going 1st in many fantasy rookie drafts... his junior numbers rival the likes of McDavid, Kane and Stamkos.

I can count the players I'd draft ahead of him over the last 5 drafts on one hand (McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Laine, MacKinnon).

I'd then put Zadina (Tavares-ish) and Tolvanen (Kucherov-ish) in that Draisaitl, Rantanen, Marner, Keller, Hischier tier (Mittelstadt likely ending up near the bottom of this tier or the top of the next). Not bad consolation prizes at all!

Pick your poison - at the end of the day none of us own a crystal ball! Good luck with your decision.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Legend

Just an fyi... Dave Reid was on NHL Network today discussing the upcoming draft. He was talking about the combine and said that today Brady Tkachuk is the favorite to go 2nd overall right now and that Svechnikov will challenge him for 2nd, and if Tkachuk doesn't go 2nd, he's going 3rd. Not sure what is going on at the combines, or who is talking to who, but I thought Svech and Zadina were a lock for 2+3... maybe not.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thats nice! #3 you get a top player no matter what.
    H2H Points Only - Keep 10 - 8 teams / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W / 2 PT per SO / [2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 WINNER]
    F: Kucherov, Ovechkin, Matthews, Laine, Kessel, Pettersson, Boeser
    D: Burns, Carlson, Dahlin
    G:

H2H - Keep 5 + 1R - 10 teams / G, A, Hit, Blocks, PIM, +/-, SOG, PPP, SHP / W, GAA, SV%, SHO / [2ND SEASON]
    C: Eichel
    RW: Rantanen
    LW: Kucherov, Benn
    D: Dahlin (R)
    G: Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Just an fyi... Dave Reid was on NHL Network today discussing the upcoming draft. He was talking about the combine and said that today Brady Tkachuk is the favorite to go 2nd overall right now and that Svechnikov will challenge him for 2nd, and if Tkachuk doesn't go 2nd, he's going 3rd. Not sure what is going on at the combines, or who is talking to who, but I thought Svech and Zadina were a lock for 2+3... maybe not.
    One has to think that the Senators would be ecstatic to see Zadina sitting there for them at 4.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Interesting ! But for the ceiling, and fantasy purpose, I don't consider Tkachuk in the same tier as Tolvanen, Svechnikov or Zadina !!

8 Teams, Points Only, 78.11M Salary Cap

18 Man Roster (10-6-2), keep ALL players at season end
    Fwd and Def pts = 1 point for pass or goal
    Goalie pts = 2 pts for W, 1 pt for OTL and 4 pts for SO.

O - McDavid, Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, DeBrincat, Getzlaf, Kopitar, Bjorkstrand, Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Sheary, Petan, Nyquist, E. Svechnikov, Okposo, Yakupov

D - Carlson, Klefbom, J. Schultz, Spurgeon, Fowler, Lindell, D. Pouliot, Honka, B. McNabb, Ekholm

G - Talbot, Bobrovsky, Hutchinson, J. Campbell, E.Comrie, Brossoit

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This seems like some sports talking heads mumbo jumbo. A play to fill airtime and stir debate. I don't care if Tkachuk blows everybody away at the combine. The body of work speaks for itself and Svechnikov has to be a lock to go 2nd. Dubas had some great quotes talking about the combine. In the article he's saying the combine is used more for an idea of development path. It makes a lot of sense to me. This isn't the NFL where crazy combine numbers boost draft stock immensely. If Tkachuk goes 2, I'll eat a whole lot of crow.

https/www.thestar.com/amp/sports/hockey/2018/06/01/teams-get-a-close-look-at-prospects-during-nhls-pre-draft-combine.html?__twitter_impression=true
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey