Thread: M Tkachuk for Sorokin/Borgstrom/Possible Pick

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default M Tkachuk for Sorokin/Borgstrom/Possible Pick

Hi there,

Would you give up Tkachuk for Sorokin/Borgstrom and a possible pick?

Salary cap points league, focus on A/G/SOG for skaters, W/SV for goalies.

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: M Tkachuk for Sorokin/Borgstrom/Possible Pick

Duke,

Without context it's hard to give solid advice. Is this a keeper? How many teams? How many keepers? Who is on your roster? Is your team competitive?

But, in a vacuum, no I would not trade M. Tkachuk for Sorokin/Borgstrom, unless the pick is a top-3 pick in the draft, where you're a lock to get a Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, etc.

Sorokin is a nice goalie prospect but it's going to be a while until he pays real dividends. Again, without context, I'm under the assumption you would be able to snag another young G prospect without bailing on Tkachuk.

Borgstrom I like, and he's a trendy name right now with his late-season call up. Good talent, but Florida is loaded with productive forwards, so I don't see him matching Tkachuk anytime soon.

A possible pick? What pick? What round? Who's available?

This is hard to answer lol.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: M Tkachuk for Sorokin/Borgstrom/Possible Pick

Sorry man lol....I was looking for the vacuum answer though so that was perfect.

I wasn't sure if I should even come up with an offer with those pieces involved but your response makes a lot of sense.
    I actually have Gibson and Hart already so giving up Tkachuk probably doesn't make sense in this spot.

Thanks!