Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Risto vs Ehlers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Risto vs Ehlers

16 team dynasty multi cat
    G/A/Pts/SOG/PPP/H+B/PIM/ZSD

Took over a rebuilding team that is at least two years from competing. I realize comparing D to F is often dependent on roster, my D is very weak. That being said, I do not want to lose value addressing it at this point...

So, how do Ehlers and Risto matchup? I love Risto multi cat coverage, but Ehlers has always teased that next level... but at the same time, it seems to break down to Ehlers winning G/SOG and Risto taking the rest of the cats.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Risto vs Ehlers

in a H/BLK/PIM league - Risto is a blossoming multi-cat stud.

I agree Ehlers is teasing with another level, but so is Risto. it's hard to get those Dmen that can push 50pts and provide high level H/Blk - his SOG aren't anything to shake a stick at either for a Dman. Light hitting scoring wingers are an easier find than Risto's - Terravainen - W. Karlsson are two prime - cheap to acquire (this past season) examples
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

They are both really good players. If your d is in dire need then risto is probably the right pick here. And I love me some Ehlers, but he may not see primo opportunity for another few years in Winnipeg. They only have so much room on PP1.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Legend

I agree with Luca and MZizzle,

Risto is the play here. He was a mess early on last year but the back half is more of an indication of what's to come. The Sabres won't be awful forever - I think Risto has 50+ point upside to boot with that bomb of his. I love Ehlers as well, but man, the Jets suddenly got deeeeeeeeeeep and there's only one puck to go around.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

IF Dahlin goes to Buff, does that change your views at all?

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter9 View Post
    IF Dahlin goes to Buff, does that change your views at all?
    Yeah, makes a better case for Risto IMO. I think the Swords would go 3F-2D on PP1 and Dahlin+Risto could be Markov+Souray, Suter+Weber type of stuff.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i own Ehlers and would do it without thinking if i got that offer...and i think Ehlers can hit 80 points soon...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

I love ehlers, but I can't see him getting to 80 on that stacked jets team. only so many players can hit over 70, and scheifele and laine will be doing it on a consistent basis. factor in connor, who should be hitting 55-60 on average, and don't sleep on roslovic, who also has lots of offensive talent, and there isn't too much of a path for ehlers to hit 80.
    risto is a multi-cat beast. as a risto owner, even in his bad season, by his standards, he was still awesome. I think he only gets better. although if dahlin goes to the sabres, I do think it limits his offensive upside (but his peripherals could go up even more). still, we're talking 45-50 points at the least, with the possibility for even more.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Deity

The multi-cat aspect for Ristolainen really improve his value. I dont think he's scratched off his full potential either although the same can be said for Ehlers.

I think this would be a fair deal for both sides. Ristolainen wont score like Ehlers but Ehlers wont have the same peripherals as Ristolainen.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I love ehlers, but I can't see him getting to 80 on that stacked jets team. only so many players can hit over 70, and scheifele and laine will be doing it on a consistent basis. factor in connor, who should be hitting 55-60 on average, and don't sleep on roslovic, who also has lots of offensive talent, and there isn't too much of a path for ehlers to hit 80.
    risto is a multi-cat beast. as a risto owner, even in his bad season, by his standards, he was still awesome. I think he only gets better. although if dahlin goes to the sabres, I do think it limits his offensive upside (but his peripherals could go up even more). still, we're talking 45-50 points at the least, with the possibility for even more.
    This is kinda where I am. Wheeler, Sheifele, Laine, Ehlers, Connor, etc. - there are only so many points and TOI to go around, unless the Jets are going to become the 1985 Edmonton Oilers. I think Ehlers has 80-85 point potential, but might be limited a bit due to depth. If he ends up with 68-72 points, it will still be a good emount, considering he'll be the 3rd-4th highest scorer on the team. I don't see the Jets continually having 4 scorers in the 75-85 range - but when Wheeler slows down, Ehlers is a prime candidate to beef up.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the help guys!

After some discussion ended up getting Risto, Zibanejad and Rasmusses for Ehlers and Fabbro. Risto immediately becomes my best D by a mile

Dobber Sports Wizard

lol so u got Zib and prospect for Fabbro? good job !

Dobber Sports Wizard

lol so u got Zib and prospect for Fabbro? good job !

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    This is kinda where I am. Wheeler, Sheifele, Laine, Ehlers, Connor, etc. - there are only so many points and TOI to go around, unless the Jets are going to become the 1985 Edmonton Oilers. I think Ehlers has 80-85 point potential, but might be limited a bit due to depth. If he ends up with 68-72 points, it will still be a good emount, considering he'll be the 3rd-4th highest scorer on the team. I don't see the Jets continually having 4 scorers in the 75-85 range - but when Wheeler slows down, Ehlers is a prime candidate to beef up.
    Was looking over my post that you commented on, and I'm not sure anymore. We were saying the exact same thing about Brayden Point last season - not enough points to go around on the Bolts. Well, he had an insane season. Ehlers is just as talented, if not more, than Point, and with top 6 minutes, he should be able to be a 70 point player, at least.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    Was looking over my post that you commented on, and I'm not sure anymore. We were saying the exact same thing about Brayden Point last season - not enough points to go around on the Bolts. Well, he had an insane season. Ehlers is just as talented, if not more, than Point, and with top 6 minutes, he should be able to be a 70 point player, at least.
    Well I think Douin getting traded, helped Point tremendously, no?