Thread: Demko Thatcher or Carter Hart ??

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Demko Thatcher or Carter Hart ??

who do you guys feel is the better prospect long term and short term here

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Demko Thatcher or Carter Hart ??

Sort Term... Demko is better for sure he is older, more mature and has more important experience which is crucial for a goalie.

Long term... Hart... I think the Flyers defense that they have built will be a huge benefit for Hart long-term.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Demko short term - expect him to get games next season and starting job by 19/20 season
    Hart could be better long term, but we are now talking 3+ years before there's any return. That's two seasons of Demko as a starter in Van. In 8 years from now, I think we're splitting hairs on who is better - ala Rinne/Holtby/Bob
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

thank you guys looking forward to some more opinions

Dobber Sports Icon

Thatcher Demko since he is much closer to being in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Deity

I prefer Demko now and long term. Always too much uncertainty around Jr goalies. I'd need to see Hart performing at a high level in the pros before I'd want him over Demko.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Demko is closer to the NHL right now. He has professional experience, which has given us a glimpse into his potential that we haven't had a chance to see yet in Hart. I would take Demko here.

ok guys thank you

Dobber Sports Stud

a few years ago, we were asking the same question about vasilevskiy and hellebucyk (and to a lesser extent, Gibson). I think this is the same thing - although the difference here being that demko is ahead of hart in development time. but long term, it's a wash. if you have either one, be happy.
    I have inquired several times in my league about hart, and the same answer I get back is that the other guy wants demko. doesn't seem like it makes sense to go back in developmental time - demko will be ready in no more than a year, with some time coming this season already, hart will not sniff the nhl next year.

- - - Updated - - -

a few years ago, we were asking the same question about vasilevskiy and hellebucyk (and to a lesser extent, Gibson). I think this is the same thing - although the difference here being that demko is ahead of hart in development time. but long term, it's a wash. if you have either one, be happy.
    I have inquired several times in my league about hart, and the same answer I get back is that the other guy wants demko. doesn't seem like it makes sense to go back in developmental time - demko will be ready in no more than a year, with some time coming this season already, hart will not sniff the nhl next year.

- - - Updated - - -

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Demko all the way for me here. He's proven he can play at a high end at the pro level, Hart hasn't played a single pro game yet. There have been so many high profile goalies with great pedigrees who come out of juniors and just aren't able to transition to the pro level.

That being said, I think Hart is a great prospect and very well could end up being the better of the two goalies. Demko is just a couple years ahead of him and has played against men for the last several years and excelled (minus 1st year in AHL, stumbled a bit).
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Demko, because he's very close to not a prospect anymore.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Monster

Demko has the shorter path to a big role in the NHL since Vancouver needs him right away. Hart imo is the better option long-term.