Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Looks like terrorism in Toronto.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Looks like terrorism in Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    We actually do. I see this as an opportunity for police in the US to learn more restraint. whether a Canadian incident - will be used as a watershed moment in the US... well that's an entirely different story
    Fair enough. When I said that we don't have a staggering gun population, I was meaning in comparison to the US. Also, most Canadian citizens can't care a holster with a 9 mm in public whenever they want. That is a right which the very abused Second Amendment, allows basically every single US citizen. Many in the US do this. That is quite the difference, and in a situation like this, could easily change the mindset of the involved officer.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Also, I would love to hear the cop's view on the situation. Could he truly discern that the perp wasn't actually holding a gun, or was he just hoping that it wasn't a gun? Also, when the perp makes quick draw motions, surely the cop didn't have enough time to see that he wasn't actually pulling a gun and make the decision to not shoot the guy, so was he just hoping that he wasn't pulling a gun? If the guy actually did pull a gun, was the cop just hoping that he didn't shoot? Or if he did shoot, that he would miss? That's a lot of faith to put into the situation when your life is on the line.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Also, I would love to hear the cop's view on the situation. Could he truly discern that the perp wasn't actually holding a gun, or was he just hoping that it wasn't a gun? Also, when the perp makes quick draw motions, surely the cop didn't have enough time to see that he wasn't actually pulling a gun and make the decision to not shoot the guy, so was he just hoping that he wasn't pulling a gun? If the guy actually did pull a gun, was the cop just hoping that he didn't shoot? Or if he did shoot, that he would miss? That's a lot of faith to put into the situation when your life is on the line.

Rylant
    I saw the video in a group chat before I heard about what happened. I thought it was another police officer getting shot. I literally cringed the whole time thinking what are you waiting for, shoot him before he shoots you.

That police officer (God bless him for doing what he does everyday) could very easily be dead right now. The perp could have had a gun in his clothes, there are guns that look like cell phones, the police officer might have thought he had a cell phone in his hand but it was actually a gun etc. He was more than justified to shoot this idiot on the spot and probably should have. But he didn't and he was right.

I'm glad he went home and I'm glad he doesn't have to deal with the aftermath of taking a life or at least seriously injuring someone. If it were me, I'd have put two in his chest and one in his head without even thinking. Not worth the chance that you're wrong when someone is behaving like this. Tis' better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

What a shit thing to have happen.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Master

man , this is too much , too soon .