Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looks like terrorism in Toronto.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Looks like terrorism in Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    there's a post on his FB referring to a guy in California that went on a spree because he couldn't get laid. It appears (only a couple hours into their investigation) that this guy was getting rejected by women and became frustrated...
    That's a pretty ****ed up way to unload frustration... I didn't even know "Incel" was a thing until yesterday. In my days we just called that being a loser.

Dobber Sports Titan

Can we praise the cop who didn't open fire on this guy? The van driver held his cell like a gun, then constantly faked drawing another gun from his pocket saying he had a gun in his jacket and would shoot the cop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA-YD6sTcP4
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Can we praise the cop who didn't open fire on this guy? The van driver held his cell like a gun, then constantly faked drawing another gun from his pocket saying he had a gun in his jacket and would shoot the cop.

Yeah I'm glad we didn't give him the satisfaction of taking the easy way out. He clearly wanted the cop to smoke him. If this happened in the US he'd be in a body bag right now.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Totally! That is some serious calm under severe pressure. I'm not sure Cops in the US can use half the excuses they've been using anymore. It wasn't even the gun that made the guy drop, but fear of physical pain -- this video doesn't seem to show it, but I think he was holding his baton to strike him as he closed in.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

Teh officer that did not fire on this guy absolutely gets applauded for this. let this guy deal with this in a cell.

this was senseless and 100% un-necesary, he changed alot of lives when he was unleashing his frustration.

Similar to teh Humboldt scenario, there's no amount of money or #sticksout type gestures that will heal that pain....

our society is outta control. i mean really..Involuntary Celibacy? WTF! sounds like a bunch of Liberal ****tard talk to me.

i'll end that right there.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Teh officer that did not fire on this guy absolutely gets applauded for this. let this guy deal with this in a cell.

this was senseless and 100% un-necesary, he changed alot of lives when he was unleashing his frustration.

Similar to teh Humboldt scenario, there's no amount of money or #sticksout type gestures that will heal that pain....

our society is outta control. i mean really..Involuntary Celibacy? WTF! sounds like a bunch of Liberal ****tard talk to me.

i'll end that right there.
    Blaming feminists and lesbians for your own problems sounds like liberal crap to you?

Most references in InCel have come from serious geo-political problems in China & India where there is a disproportionate amount of males compared to females caused by the one-child policy and the perceived value of male children over female children. Lately it's been co-opted to far-right groups ine the West who use it as a recruitment tool. "It's not your fault you're an ass who can't get laid, it's the gays and jews and feminazis and mexicants and so on..."

That all said, as far as I know the InCel frustraction motive is all based off nothing but a few Facebook posts referring to a similar attack. It's all speculation at this point unless I've missed something. I'm not one to dive into the personalities of these monsters first thing.

Dobber Sports All-Star

For sure. Another coward, former police officer James Forcillo, should be taking notes.

Dobber Sports Star

Totally! That is some serious calm under severe pressure. I'm not sure Cops in the US can use half the excuses they've been using anymore. It wasn't even the gun that made the guy drop, but fear of physical pain -- this video doesn't seem to show it, but I think he was holding his baton to strike him as he closed in.
    Of course, the officer who didn't kill the perp deserves mad props for being able to be cool in that situation. I don't think anybody would have batted an eye had he actually fired on the guy and killed him.

It is a different ball game though, when comparing a situation like this to what might happen in the US. Now, I will be the first one to say that US Police officers kill citizens far too frequently, especially people of colour. But to be honest, I can't imagine being a cop in that situation. In Canada, I think the mindset is different. And we don't have a staggering gun population. I think that, because of those 2 factors, it would be easier for a police officer in the US to shoot the perp in the same exact situation, than in Canada.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Of course, the officer who didn't kill the perp deserves mad props for being able to be cool in that situation. I don't think anybody would have batted an eye had he actually fired on the guy and killed him.

It is a different ball game though, when comparing a situation like this to what might happen in the US. Now, I will be the first one to say that US Police officers kill citizens far too frequently, especially people of colour. But to be honest, I can't imagine being a cop in that situation. In Canada, I think the mindset is different. And we don't have a staggering gun population. I think that, because of those 2 factors, it would be easier for a police officer in the US to shoot the perp in the same exact situation, than in Canada.

Rylant
    We actually do. I see this as an opportunity for police in the US to learn more restraint. whether a Canadian incident - will be used as a watershed moment in the US... well that's an entirely different story

Dobber Sports Jedi

I should add/clarify - Canada has 31 guns per 100 whereas the US has 89 per 100 - some stats show this as high as 101 guns per 100 citizens. So yes, the USA has the highest guns per capita ratio in the world. Canada ranks 13th. Out of over 200 countries - that's still a staggering number. We just don't have the same level of gun violence problem the USA has. even if you worked out the numbers to account for differences in guns per capita differences.

Dobber Sports Star

We actually do.
    No we don't. Not when compared to the US anyways. Canada has something like 30 guns per 100 people, and the US is something like 90. That's a pretty significant difference.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    No we don't. Not when compared to the US anyways. Canada has something like 30 guns per 100 people, and the US is something like 90. That's a pretty significant difference.
    see my additional response.

Dobber Sports Star

see my additional response.
    Wow that was fast! Thanks for clarifying, and it looks like we probably read the same report.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Wow that was fast! Thanks for clarifying, and it looks like we probably read the same report.
    heh.. 1st hit is the globe and mail fact checking Michael Moore's movie claims

Dobber Sports Pro

Not to derail this thread but the problem in the US isn't about how many people have guns-- it's the types of guns they have. You can get automatic assault rifles like bubble gum here. That's absurd for a first world country and needs to change. There's a reason why you don't hear about mass shootings with pistols.

But yea-- a cop in the US would have shot him 10 times out of 10, i think. The aforementioned reasons are all valid as to why it's different in the US, but I think a big part of it is training. It's clear this officer received vastly different training on threat neutralization than officers in the US receive. Hope American law enforcement learns a thing or two.