Thread: Trade Giordano?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade Giordano?

In my keeper league I was offered any 2 (or even 3) of the following:

DeAngelo, Stralman, Boychuk, DeHaan, Lijlegren, Mike Green.

I would give up Giordano. My other D are Barrie, Krug, Del Zotto and Edler. Cats are G,A,HITS,BLKS,SOG,PPP,SHP, +/-, TAKEAWAYS, MIN.

I'm thinking Stralman and DeAngelo- DeAngelo has a promising future and is very young! Im gunning for the championship and the way I see it is that I can afford ot lose Gio-Krug, Barrie and Edler are all fellow 300 point dmen in our scoring system and Gio is on his way down regardless. I get an up-and-coming prospect set to receive more ice time next season plus a depth Dman in case of injury-and Stralman had 200 points this year. What do you guys think?

20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Trade Giordano?

This seems like a sell low on Gio... but if I were pressed to make a trade, I'd want Liljigren first and foremost. Stralman in your set up is not valuable at all.

If push came to shove,
    I'd take DeAngelo & Liljigren on this deal - take the two with 40+pt potential.

Of the older D I'd want Green #1 - he's the only one I see getting prime PP time next year, wherever he lands.

Boychuk, Stralman, DeAngelo don't move the needle for me
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    This seems like a sell low on Gio... but if I were pressed to make a trade, I'd want Liljigren first and foremost. Stralman in your set up is not valuable at all.

If push came to shove,
    I'd take DeAngelo & Liljigren on this deal - take the two with 40+pt potential.

Of the older D I'd want Green #1 - he's the only one I see getting prime PP time next year, wherever he lands.

Boychuk, Stralman, DeAngelo don't move the needle for me

Do you think Gio can have a good season next year? or is it more worth it to take the two guys with high upside? Or just don't do the trade at all? Like I said, I think I can bear to part with Gio...and it is a keeper league, so I'd be investing a bit more in the future as well. Gio is already 34, I dont know how many years he has left. But if this a dumb move on my part, I obviously won't do it
    20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen

Dobber Sports Jedi

if you're defining 'good season' as similar to this year 200 shots, 38pts with double digit goals.. then yes. I don't see Liljigren adding much fantasy wise next year, if anything (I'm expecting a full AHL season).. whereas, DeAngelo could be a good sleeper point wise with the Rangers, if he gets a full time role. So both are speculative esp. for next year. Do you have a minors roster? Otherwise, burning a spot on the bench for Liljigren would be a waste.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Legend

I think Giordano could have a good year next year, but he's long in the tooth. The problem is, none of those names really excitement. I guess Liljegren a little, if I had to pick. Liljegren is the ultimate high-risk, high-reward player but he has more upside than the rest and doesn't carry baggage like DeAngelo. Green is always dinged up. I fully expect Gio to outpoint all those cats next year.

Dobber Sports Genius

Gio should outscore all of them, but those days are numbered. Next year may be his last good stat year. Flames will be looking to add some youth and maybe deal some D (maybe Gio could go?). So if you can get DeAngelo and Liljegren I would do it easily.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you have a mirors roster with room, you could grab Green or Stralman for next year, and DeAngelo & Liljegren for futures.

I definitely like going a bit younger here, as you can deal with it, as you said. One vet to hold down the fort, and two young guys to grow the farm.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

DeAngelo has been a "good prospect/sleeper" guy for Tampa Bay, Arizona, and now, New York, over the last 3 seasons. Put me in the camp that is no longer buying his stock.

I would want Green and Liljegren, if I were to do this trade. I wouldn't want DeAngelo wasting a roster spot on me.

Dobber Sports Pro

Ya Gio has little value now with his age and declining role on the team.

I would fully expect new coach rides Dougie on PP1, and agree with above Gio maybe has one more decent season before a big regress.

Trade now while you have a decent offers

Take Lilj + one of Green/DeAngelo.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Legend

The more I think of this, long-term Liljegren and Green might be good trade if you could get them both. Green could help out next year and a little more until we see if Liljegren pans out.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    if you're defining 'good season' as similar to this year 200 shots, 38pts with double digit goals.. then yes. I don't see Liljigren adding much fantasy wise next year, if anything (I'm expecting a full AHL season).. whereas, DeAngelo could be a good sleeper point wise with the Rangers, if he gets a full time role. So both are speculative esp. for next year. Do you have a minors roster? Otherwise, burning a spot on the bench for Liljigren would be a waste.
    my guess is that DeAngelo gets full time role until he spits at a ref.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

You are gunning for the championship and want to downgrade? Not sure I get that, since Gio is one of your top 4 D.

I get you want to plan for the future, but if you lose a close battle for a championship then this move will look really dumb in hindsight.

And I'm presuming the team you would be trading to is a competitor for the title? If so, this deal is even stranger to me.