Joe Pavelski 68 66
    Jaden Schwartz 67 59
    Mike Hoffman 66 56
    Shayne Gostisbehere 62 65
    Logan Couture 59 61
    Ryan Johansen 58 54
    William Karlsson 53 78

Those are my early '19 projections...

If I did not already have Erik Karlsson, I'd keep Ghost but since we have only 2D, I'm hesitating...leaning towards Schwartz for youth and potential although I hate that he missed so many games in the past years.

And then you have the enigma W. Karlsson; I have him regressing quite a bit next year, down to 53 but am I wrong!?

Anyway, any help appreciated....

thanks

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Keep 5 - Who is my last keeper?

I think I keep Ghost anyway. having 2 Dmen that can give you 60+pts is almost like a cheat code. I see Wild Bill regressing as well, not down to 53pts, but more in the 65pt range.

Just looking at your projections for '18/19 season Ghost is within 5pts of anyone else you're considering to keep.

If you've got equal money between forward/dman - keep the dman. It's a lot easier to draft a 65pt forward than it is a 60pt dman
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Still have to keep Gostisbehere. Especislly in a straighy points league. He is way more valuable then anyone else on that list.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree with the above posters. Have to keep Ghost. Even if it's a 2D league that means you're set prior to the draft and you can focus on forwards the entire draft. There's tons of 60-70 point forwards but very few defenceman than can get into the 50+/possibly 60 point range.
    10 Team Keep 70 Total. Currently 9 Keeper spots. League Established 2012. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench,4IR
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, SV%, SV, SO

F: Marchand, JT Miller, Zibanejad, Robertson, E. Kane
    D: Josi, Fox, Bouchard
    G: Shesterkin

12 Team Modified Keep 4. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1U, 2G, 4 Bench, 2IR
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, H, B, W, GAA, SV%, SO

F: Matthews, M. Tkachuk
    D: Makar
    G: Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Its got to be Ghost....

A Forward that you have projected to score 68 vs a D man that you have projected to score 62... that 6 point difference between a D and forward in totally worth it!!

And you have already factored in an increase for the forward (Pavelski) and a decrease for the D (Ghost)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

Ghost for me very easily. Chances are he outscores the other forwards listed.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ghost for me as well.

Dobber Sports Sage

Gost for me as well. The other forwards will be more redraft-able after this season.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Wow! quite unanimous! hahaha

I got to admit I am fan of the Ghost and was thinking about keeping him...but I think I was torn because a lot of guys in my league don't put a lot of value in D and kind of thought I would still be able to pick Ghost at my pick but you guys are right....there will be plenty of forwards as good or better than the ones I have so let's go for the D.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckLemieux View Post

I got to admit I am fan of the Ghost and was thinking about keeping him...but I think I was torn because a lot of guys in my league don't put a lot of value in D and kind of thought I would still be able to pick Ghost at my pick but you guys are right....there will be plenty of forwards as good or better than the ones I have so let's go for the D.
    Chances are Ghost finishes top 5 points for D men for the forseeable future. Going to be so many forwards in that 60-65 pt range that make up for the loss.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckLemieux View Post

If Gostisbehere is put back, he's probably the #1 defender available, and likely in a points clump with everybody else thrown back. That makes him the #1 option over every forward.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Expert

Ghost was the 4th highest scoring D this year with 65 points. He is young, so a good chance of not only repeating, but surpassing. You have to keep Ghost.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Stud

Ghost. Then you need not worry about Dmen again the entire draft.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G