Thread: Rank some prospect.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Rank some prospect.

Coming draft day I pic #3 #12 and 3 3erd round pic.

I'm thinking of picking Zadina at #3 expecting Dahlin and svechnicov guys ( not sure how to spell is name )

There's also guys like Glass,Vilardi, Frost, Donato, Lias Anderson
    Colin White, Vesalainen, some Def as well like Fabbro, Valamaki, Branstrom,Jokiharu.

I know there a few here. It's a point only cap league n rebuilding. Don't plan on winning for a couple yrs. Best upsides.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Rank some prospect.

Zadina is definitely your guy at 3.

Less sure about #12, though I am also curious where people would rank a few of those names you mentioned

Dobber Sports Legend

As of now, Zadina should be a lock at 3. Depending on which team drafts him, he might even end up going 2nd in some fantasy drafts, and Svechnikov will then be a must-add at 3. The other kids to keep an eye on are Wahlstrom and Hughes. I think Wahlstrom could be a straight up goal scoring assassin in the NHL. I have the same gut feeling about Wahlstrom as I did Mittelstadt going into the draft last year - in 2-3 years he could be the "steal" of the draft, especially in fantasy. If Hughes ends up in Edmonton, he could be a dynamic point producer out of the gate. The Oil is in need of a legit PP QB and Hughes fits the bill.

Out of the other kids you mentioned, I like Donato quite a bit. I love the direction the Bruins are headed and Donato will be a nice piece of that core. White is a two-way guy and the Sens are a mess. Frost had a breakout in the OHL but Hextall doesn't rush anyone, so I expect him to be at least 2 years away. Glass, Vilardi and Andersson are good options, but not at 3rd overall. I wouldn't even consider the others at 3.

3rd overall should be ...

A. Svechkinov / Zadina (whoever doesn't go #2)
    B. Wahlstrom
    C. Hughes (maybe A, definitely B if he gets drafted by the Oilers). His fantasy trade value alone will be through the roof. Imagine Shayne Gostisbehere running a PP with Connor McDavid.

I'm looking at Edmonton here. Who do they get? Hughes is the no-brainer bump, as well as Boqvist if they end up there. Bouchard would be deadly with his point shot. Tkachuk would be a monster playing with McDavid. We saw a glimpse of his chemistry with Mittelstadt in the WJC - the kid can compliment an elite player extremely well. McDavid would turn him into a 35/40/75 NHL player, without question. He would be the Perry to McDavid's Getzlaf.

Dobber Sports Ace

Are Tolvanen, Mittelstadt and Elias Pettersson available in the draft? If so I might take all 3 of them ahead of Zadina which I’m sure many will dispute. I just don’t think there is a huge gap between those 4 players.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Are Tolvanen, Mittelstadt and Elias Pettersson available in the draft? If so I might take all 3 of them ahead of Zadina which I’m sure many will dispute. I just don’t think there is a huge gap between those 4 players.
    long term, I prefer Zadina to all three. We've had an extra year to watch them, so our opinions have drastically changed. I mean, a year ago sports networks, 'experts' were touting how weak that draft was outside of the top 2. Now, in a deeper draft the 5th, 8th & 30th picks are all in discussion with Zadina. It's not a knock on your post - just goes to show how much one year of development has moved the needle.

My point, in a year from now, Zadina's going to be getting similar comments, perhaps comments he should have gone over Svechnikov at #2. Given the 4, I'd take Zadina 1st, the other three are really close and so close to each other, you could almost just take your favorite.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I already have Mitlestad, Peterson n Tolvanen are gone as well. I will pick Zadina I hope he's still there at 3. It's my 12th Glass will have a good shot in Vegas no? Does Vilardi really need a season in Ahl? I mean we all tough Marner would need one and we all know how that turns out. Also I was asking to rank because I have some other player I mention and I want to know who I should drop. White is one I k ow he's a 2way player but he's rank high on some article. Frost will spend a years in Ahl so I will pick him up at the end of this season ( I don't plan on winning) Vesalainen probably won't play in the NHL next year either. We all know the obvious ones. I want the Rookie that we all think won't play but will give you 50pts. Like Marner that 2yrs ago.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Nolip View Post
    I already have Mitlestad, Peterson n Tolvanen are gone as well. I will pick Zadina I hope he's still there at 3. It's my 12th Glass will have a good shot in Vegas no? Does Vilardi really need a season in Ahl? I mean we all tough Marner would need one and we all know how that turns out. Also I was asking to rank because I have some other player I mention and I want to know who I should drop. White is one I k ow he's a 2way player but he's rank high on some article. Frost will spend a years in Ahl so I will pick him up at the end of this season ( I don't plan on winning) Vesalainen probably won't play in the NHL next year either. We all know the obvious ones. I want the Rookie that we all think won't play but will give you 50pts. Like Marner that 2yrs ago.
    Vilardi turns 19 in August... I don't believe he is old enough for the AHL... so it's OHL or NHL for him. With what he's doing after his injury, I'm not sure how much the OHL will offer him in terms of competition. If he has a rough camp in Sept. LA won't have much of a choice - I know Vilardi really wanted to play in the WJC - so he likely would deal with another OHL season well - and look forward to that opportunity.

LA normally doesn't push prospects into their line up without a couple years of seasoning, that said, it's been several years since they've had one as good as Vilardi is at 19.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    long term, I prefer Zadina to all three. We've had an extra year to watch them, so our opinions have drastically changed. I mean, a year ago sports networks, 'experts' were touting how weak that draft was outside of the top 2. Now, in a deeper draft the 5th, 8th & 30th picks are all in discussion with Zadina. It's not a knock on your post - just goes to show how much one year of development has moved the needle.

My point, in a year from now, Zadina's going to be getting similar comments, perhaps comments he should have gone over Svechnikov at #2. Given the 4, I'd take Zadina 1st, the other three are really close and so close to each other, you could almost just take your favorite.
    Personally, I like Mittelstadt slightly better than Zadina, depending on the scoring format. I think Mittelstadt has 80-85 point upside in the NHL, but Zadina could be more of a goal scorer, who tops off at 75-80 points. I absolutely love Mittelstadt's ceiling. But, it is close for sure, and I fully agree with you - I also prefer Zadina over Pettersson and Tolvanen.