Thread: Subban

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Subban

Thought on Subban moving forward? He seemed to stagnate a bit in Boston, but showed real promise in the move to Vegas (who didn't?).

Is this a sign of things to come? Do you guys envision Subban becoming a legitimate #1?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Subban

Not likely in Vegas. He’s a legitimate back up much in the sameness light as what Talbot, Jones, Lack and Darling were on their former teams where they were #2’s. MAF is the man in Vegas for the forseeable future. To make #1 a team would need to take a chance. But if that happens, does he flourish like Jones and Talbot(this season excluded), or prove the gap between 1 and 2 exists much like Lack and Darling.

I guess the biggest hope/wish is to not see him land in carolina (the common denominator).

I personally see him as a very good back up or 1B goalie that could carry a team for stretches. I haven’t seen quality #1 characteristics yet. Think james Reimer.

My take.

Administrator

Backup goalie

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Cheap option as a No1 for a team with sick defense (Nash), or a really solid No2 (think maybe a Dell lite)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I could see him being the started for the Seattle expansion team... other than that... career #2.

Dobber Sports Ace

Think people selling him short. He?s taken a while to develop but he looked like a number 1 when given the chance this season. Backing up a starter with a long injury history, he should continue to get ample opportunity as a backup. EVENTually either supplants Fleury in Vegas or moves elsewhere to start. A similar path to RAANTA or Dubnyk PERHAPS JUST AA FEW YEARS EARLIER.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Vegas wanted him specifcally, so I think they consider him the heir apparent in their crease. Might change if they change philosophy, goalie coaches, or his play drops, but I think he's right now seen as the guy after Fleury.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Vegas wanted him specifcally, so I think they consider him the heir apparent in their crease. Might change if they change philosophy, goalie coaches, or his play drops, but I think he's right now seen as the guy after Fleury.
    I agree with this... he's going to really help lighten MAF's load next season and he's sitting there in a very similar position as Saros in Nashville
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4