Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dahlin vs Svechnikov - Who to draft for fantasy?

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Dahlin vs Svechnikov - Who to draft for fantasy?

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    The way some people rate Svechnikov I’m surprised he’s not being given more votes for first pick. I don’t know myself, but to, but Svechnikov is being described as a super prospect, the best winger since Laine. If not a generational player then certainly the next best thing. Surely Dahlin and Svechnikov will go at 1 & 2. But some leagues forwards are just worth so much more than d.
    rd,

I'm not so sure about that rating. I mean, for two years Svechnikov was in the "discussion" to possibly challenge Dahlin for 1st overall. That came to a complete halt this season and Dahlin became the clear runaway. Now it's to the point where Zadina has closed the gap and some are even saying he could be the 2nd overall pick. In fact, I honestly think there's a chance Zadina could end up just as good or better than Svechnikov. I'm not saying Svechnikov (or Zadina for that matter) won't be star players - they could - but they are both more comparable to Hischier than Eichel, Matthews, Laine, forget about McDavid. Dahlin is considered a possible generational talent on D.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Dahlin
    Svechnikov
    Zadina

That?s the consensus from what I hear/read. If Dahlin is that good, he?s the pick.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i always have trouble figuring out the point systems and much prefer category scoring myself so this is not based on your league.

But as a general rule i like my D to in the 24/25-30 bracket as they take time to develop, and i like going with young forwards. So i usually trade for my D or draft some long shots late. In multi cat league in my sig i also like to use D mostly for peripherals and not scoring.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think what it really boils down to is if you're willing to wait a couple years for production, then you go with Dahlin. If not, then you go with the forward.
    Keeper league. 13 teams, Start 9F, 4D and 2G plus 10 BN keep 15. Max 4 goalies on team
    Scoring cats:Goal (25), Assist (25), PPP (10), SHG (20) +/- (10), PIM (3) SOG (2) GWG (20) Win (50), GA (-15) SV (2) SO (50)
    Forwards: Point, Jarvis, Beniers, Thomas, Guenther, Raymond, Caufield, Boldy, Schmaltz, Krebs, Tolvanen, Newhook, N. Robertson, Teravainen
    Defensmen: Chychrun, Perunovich, Clarke, Lundkvist, Slavvin, Walman, Liljegren
    Goalies: Hellebuyck, Gustavsson, Knight, Korpisalo