• Johnny Gaudreau

3 13.64%

Thread: (Pick 1) Giroux, Hall, Marchand, Kane, Malkin, Gaudreau

Dobber Sports Monster

Default (Pick 1) Giroux, Hall, Marchand, Kane, Malkin, Gaudreau

For next season (pts). Pick one

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: (Pick 1) Giroux, Hall, Marchand, Kane, Malkin, Gaudreau

Giroux - Somehow just can't see repeating this magic to the same extent - will still be good though
    Hall - Needs a little more support to replicate
    Marchand - Too many suspensions
    Kane - Chicago is awful
    Malkin - Sooooo much hockey in the last few years (plus injuries)
    Gaudreau - Just can't seem to put it together consistently for a full season

Knocks on each. I'll go with Marchand, then Hall.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Marchand for me. Second would be Gaudreau.

Malkin, Kane I skipped for same reasons as EB... Hall, hard to believe this will be the new norm for him... and Giroux, also agree with EB, can't see a repeat. Add in the fact that if Marchand played all 82 games this year, he's pushing McDavid for the scoring title things become a bit more obvious.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Marchand for me. Second would be Gaudreau.

Malkin, Kane I skipped for same reasons as EB... Hall, hard to believe this will be the new norm for him... and Giroux, also agree with EB, can't see a repeat. Add in the fact that if Marchand played all 82 games this year, he's pushing McDavid for the scoring title things become a bit more obvious.
    I wouldn't go that far, but he's at least shown he's a regular for P/Game status. So if that's his floor, his ceiling is in the 90-100 range.
    Meanwhile a healthy McDavid can post 110 plus if his team (and power play) get some life for next year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Agree with EB's reasoning... Marchand followed closely by hall. And because I find Marchand VILE!... I'll take Hall.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Rat, the Rapist, and the Russian, in that order.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, but he's at least shown he's a regular for P/Game status. So if that's his floor, his ceiling is in the 90-100 range.
    Meanwhile a healthy McDavid can post 110 plus if his team (and power play) get some life for next year.
    I was talking about this past season.... if you pro-rate Marchand over 82 games he's at 103 points. So... he would be pushing for the scoring title, considering the 1.25pt/gm pace would put him 2nd.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

I was leaning towards mini Marchand. Past 2 seasons hes been a PPG and if he stayed healthy and didn't get the suspension, he would have challenged for an Art Ross title. He's been more consistent over the past couple years than the latter. I'm worried about Giroux and Hall ... are they 60 pt forwards or are they 100 pf forwards? Malkin is always hurt, it's a miracle he played a full season, Kaners is on a terrible team at the moment, Gaudreau is intriguing but I don't see him getting 100 ... possible but my gut instinct says the smart money is on Marchand.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Can Kane have a bounce back season kind like Giroux did this year?? I don't thinks so.

Hall - Hischier takes a sophomore slump??

Giroux - probably not another 100 point season..

Gaudreau - not confident in him

Malkin - the guys that played in the World Cup from Pitts are probably setting records for most games over a 3 year period.

Marchand - I don't like the Bruins... but Pastrnak is getting better... I think I pick Marchand... even though my heart says Giroux

Dobber Sports Icon

for me its btwn Geno and March...cant stand either one to be honest.

actually gimme Kane. i feel hes still got it and with Debrincat coming along hes gonna have help...i dunno how they fit together but i cant take Geno or March here
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Tough call:

Marchand: Injuries & supsensions mean you can't count on him. He could miss a lot of time for either of those reason, or both. Also, easily hatable guy on this list, so he loses any tiebreak. Likely PPG pace, but also likely 60-65 games.

Giroux: Just had a career year nobody saw coming. Is it possible that wing is his better position for scoring with less defensive responsibility? Maybe, but Giroux at wing went from "WTF is Hakstol thinking?" to "Brilliant" pretty quickly. Still, don't bank on a PPG pace. Pretty safe option among these, but not likely the best choice.

Malkin: Injuries mean you can't count on him to play the whole year. He's injured almost every year, the bold is an update from any thoughts any of us had before this year. However, his PPG pace ability is mroe proven than Marchand, but he's older and has way more games.

Hall: Also has had injury issues in the past, and is mostly a one man show on the Devils. That team should be on the rise, though.

Kane: Under the radar here, due to how bad the Blackhawks are. He put up 76 points in 82 games on the worst Chicago team in a long time. Safe floor, and a PPG kind of talent for sure. Solid, safe choice.

Gaudreau: Also a PPG guy, and youngest on this list. I think he's a safe bet for 75+ if healthy, with upside for the next level to 85+.

I voted Gaudreau.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Crazy that I'd take marchand here next year only but I would.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):