Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holtby

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Holtby

What's up with this situation? It appears they're going with Grubbs again in game 2. Holtby has struggled a bit but he was regarded as a top 3 G (on dobber too). While we expect a bounce back, is he going to her pushed out of Washington? Does anyone have any more info?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Holtby

To answer your questions in your OP-

Whats up with this situation? - Washington is going with Grubauer because he was the better goalie down the stretch and gave them the better chance to win games.

Is he going to be pushed out of Washington? - Who knows? I am not even sure the Capitals have thought that far ahead at this point.

Does anyone have any more info? - See the last answer.

Right now, lots of people are "speculating" but that's all it is at this point. Much like NJ went with Kinkaid down the stretch and into the playoffs, Washington is going with the guy who is rolling and playing well into the playoffs. I think to speculate it's anything more than this at this point is just silly. Yes Holtby is still one of the leagues top goalies. Whether it be in Washington next year, or on another team, that is something I am confident in. Other then that, just keep speculating.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks axe. It's just strange. He's supposed to be a "franchise " type G. This can't bode well unless there is an injury etc that we don't know about.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Holtby is like Price in Montreal this season (but with better players in front of him ).

I don't think Niemi will be #1 next season, as Grubauer. Goalie are always a special position though ...
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Guru

Grubauer is an RFA -- this hot streak was well-timed, but it might make him tougher to sign. I can see them dealing him in the off-season. Someone will pay up for him methinks. They'll turn him into some help elsewhere.

Holtby's season wasn't brutal, just not typically awesome as it usually is. I'm still optimistic in him going forward.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ace

JMO, but I see teams rolling with a 1A/1B approach a lot more in the future - a la the Caps this season. I wouldn’t be surprised if the number of goalies who start more than 60 games in 2018/19 is less than 5.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Monster

I think there's a pretty good chance Grubauer gets moved this summer or at least put on the market. Holtby is already locked up at 6 per for 3 more years and if you had them in a candid moment I'm sure they still believe Holtby is the guy moving forward. But with Grubauer you have a guy that is arbitration eligible; we don't know if he will play hardball but he wouldn't be out of line to push for 4+ a year. The team has needs in a lot of areas and there are a good 5 or 6 teams that need a guy this summer.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

Holtby is an NHL #1 goalie. That's all we really need to know. The Caps can go in a lot of directions because they are trying to assemble the best team possible for a cup run and the cap always comes into play. Holtby will get his 60 starts next year either in Washington or somewhere else.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

I get most of the points. But to they're not playing their stud G in the cup playoffs. That's just weird. Unless there is an injury etc. If not, it's not a good situation (wash and holtbly ) going forward one would think

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    If not, it's not a good situation (wash and holtbly ) going forward one would think
    Disagree. They're all adults and they'll get through this just fine.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Grubs only wanted and signed a 1 year deal last year.

Hes earned this next contract and it wont be with Washington.

Who knows where he'll sign. Especially with the Carlson raise (assuming he resigns - which I think he will)

Carlson led the league in D scoring. Also well timed

Grubs is an undrafted goalie in my league but our draft is usually first week of July. For me there's no sense in using any brain power trying to determine his value now. It'll all change come draft day.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I think there's a pretty good chance Grubauer gets moved this summer or at least put on the market. Holtby is already locked up at 6 per for 3 more years and if you had them in a candid moment I'm sure they still believe Holtby is the guy moving forward. But with Grubauer you have a guy that is arbitration eligible; we don't know if he will play hardball but he wouldn't be out of line to push for 4+ a year. The team has needs in a lot of areas and there are a good 5 or 6 teams that need a guy this summer.
    only 2 years left for Holts.
    https://www.capfriendly.com/players/braden-holtby

Big Daddy

Too early to tell at this point so we can only speculate. What we do know is that Grubauer was pulled last night in Game 2 and I'd expect Holtby to get the start in Game 3, at least for Washington's sake I hope Holtby starts. As for next season and beyond, again, too early to know anything for certain but if I had to guess I'd say Holtby will be back regardless of what Washington decides to do with Grubauer. You don't give up on a Vezina winning goalie that easily. Every goalie has ups and downs, we've seen this year after year. I expect Holtby to return to form. Fantasy wise, I hold onto Holtby if you own him as a keeper if that is the reasoning behind this post. Whether you think he'll bounce back or not, you'd be selling him at an all-time low at this point.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Big Daddy

Back between the pipes for Game 3!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Back between the pipes for Game 3!
    TSN turning point of the series??
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​