Thread: Alex Pietrangelo - To Trade or not to Trade

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Alex Pietrangelo - To Trade or not to Trade

Just wondering what perceptions of Pietrangelo are at the end of this season and heading into next years fantasy drafts and season.

Is he likely more of a buy low or sell high? He had a great start to this season, but then tailed off a bit. Didn't put up great PP or Hits. Very nice blocks and goals. Moderate assist total for a D-man this season where 20 scored 50 points or more. I think that also devalues Pietrangelo a bit.

Curious what level of player though would be a fair swap for him. If he's worth 1 or 2 top or at least high level prospects perhaps? Unlikely would be able to move him for a top 50 player or perhaps even a top 75 player in a dynasty league, despite being relatively young. And youth has good value in these leagues.

Was thinking about players like Monohan or Landeskog, but even they seem like too high a value 1 to 1 for Pietrangelo. But I know his name has a lot of value, so I'm not sure if I'm undervaluing him.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Alex Pietrangelo - To Trade or not to Trade

People tend to think players are either sell high or buy low, when in reality, there aren't a lot of players who are really over or undervalued in general. I think he fits in right about where he did in production this year. Maybe this year was a bit less than expected, but it's reasonable to see what you'll get for him.

I don't think you'd get 2 top prospects for him, particularly in the off season. If you don't think he's a top 50 player, it's unlikely that many others will, and you pretty much need to be a high end player to fetch top level prospects in return in the offseason.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think he is fantastic to have on your team if you are trying to win.. He plays in all situations, logs tons of minutes, and gets you points!!

To say you won't get "2 top prospects for him" could be right but we don't know that.. Someone in your league could be a huge fan and could pay a premium for a guy like Pieteranglo.. I think trades all depend on who you are trading with..

If you want to win now, KEEP him.. If you are rebuilding and have a great offer for him, then TRADE him..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I think he is fantastic to have on your team if you are trying to win.. He plays in all situations, logs tons of minutes, and gets you points!!

To say you won't get "2 top prospects for him" could be right but we don't know that.. Someone in your league could be a huge fan and could pay a premium for a guy like Pieteranglo.. I think trades all depend on who you are trading with..

If you want to win now, KEEP him.. If you are rebuilding and have a great offer for him, then TRADE him..
    Thanks. That’s some good advice actually.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)