Thread: Comish Dynasty - And Then There Were Nine

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Comish Dynasty - And Then There Were Nine

Comish Dynasty. Started in 2008 with 30 ambitious owners in a weird, ruthless, no tanking allowed, do well or die dynasty league. Three tiers of 10 teams, top two promoted, bottom two relegated. If you were in Tier 3 and finished in the bottom two, you were kicked out and new owners took over. Now we have three tiers of eight teams, only one team is promoted/relegated every year and with the relegation of sd1976, one of the original 30, we are down to nine original hard core, righteous dudes remaining in this ultimate survivor league.

Originals remaining: bctopdawg, Chicleteur, ultrawhiteness, mapletreemarty, ridinryan44, Nehithaw, NordiqueFan, jl67s and The Comish

That said, this means that we are looking for a new owner (sorry to see you go Steve). The team is going to need some TLC. Top players include: Burns, Perry, M.Koivu, Kesler, Zetterberg, Buchnevich, Petry, Niskanen, Zaitsev, Lehner, R.Miller and a couple of decent prospects in E.Pettersson (Van) and E.Svechnikov (Det). Like I said, it will need some TLC. One perk is that the team will draft first overall in our three round draft. Another is that the new owner is exempt from relegation for one year, then you've just got to avoid finishing in last place in your tier while you build your team.

Dynasty, Roto, 35 players (you decide on the NHL/prospect mix), 32 after the playoffs are done (in order to accommodate the 3 round draft). Performance based salary cap. Managed in Fantrax.

Rosters: 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 1 G, 5 IR

Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP (PPP+SHP), Hits, Blocks, Wins, GAA, Saves

If you are reading this and thinking that you might want to give this a go, it won't cost you anything except your time. Reply in this thread or PM me and I can send you the rules to see if you are interested.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Comish Dynasty - And Then There Were Nine

a very nice league with lot of trade and move
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Ace

Hard to believe this will already be my 9th draft in the Comish Dynasty... And I'm still in the 2nd tier. Apparently, my first ever move in the league was to select Jan Mursak 29th overall, followed by Marcus Kruger at 32nd and Jaden Schwartz at 33rd. Do wish I had managed to hold on to the last of those... Oh, and screw you, Jan Mursak!
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ccsitdown View Post
    Hard to believe this will already be my 9th draft in the Comish Dynasty... And I'm still in the 2nd tier. Apparently, my first ever move in the league was to select Jan Mursak 29th overall, followed by Marcus Kruger at 32nd and Jaden Schwartz at 33rd. Do wish I had managed to hold on to the last of those... Oh, and screw you, Jan Mursak!
    Keep the faith. I just punched my ticket to Tier 1. It took a combination of good drafting (Sergachev, Tolvanen, Bjorkstrand, Nylander), good trading (Doughty, W.Karlsson, B.Schenn), good luck (Matt Murray as a FA pick) and a lot of patience (since the inaugural seeding year). Fun to look back at the drafts and trades I made. I definitely didn't win every trade and regret my initial draft - I had no idea we'd still be going 10 years later - I picked more for the now (Brodeur was my 1st round pick) than future dominance.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

This is my favorite league and see myself as a lifetime member (barring I don't get relegated lol). The Comish is the most level headed and fun Commish you could ask for. If you are looking for a competitive/fun league then this is the best one out there imo.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    This is my favorite league and see myself as a lifetime member (barring I don't get relegated lol). The Comish is the most level headed and fun Commish you could ask for. If you are looking for a competitive/fun league then this is the best one out there imo.
    Thanks for the kind words Stuntman. You have been a very fun addition to our league. If we kept track of number of trades as a record, you would have set it last year! I was concerned that you were going to get relegated last year. It actually came down to 3 guys I didn't want to lose. Sad to have to kick guys you like out of the league, but it does inject new blood.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Stuntman. You have been a very fun addition to our league. If we kept track of number of trades as a record, you would have set it last year! I was concerned that you were going to get relegated last year. It actually came down to 3 guys I didn't want to lose. Sad to have to kick guys you like out of the league, but it does inject new blood.
    I love that part of this league. It keeps you on your toes and makes you think twice about re-building. I think i set the record in my first season with 55? I'd have to go back and look. In another league I set their record with 77 lol. I don't plan on doing that many this year even tho I've had a hot start in trades ... just want to turn this boat around and keep it pointed in the right direction. But I am very thankful to be part of this league. In all honestly I had zero experience in a cap league before and I still remember my bone headed moves that costed me the Tier 3 Title a few years ago.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    StuntMan12's kind words are almost enough to have me interested.....