Thread: Ho-Sang full time next year?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Ho-Sang full time next year?

I've asked before but it seems like there is something on this kid every week. Curious to see if anyone thinks he makes the team next year and stays. I think his honesty gets confused with cockiness but I think he's a great talent that should already be an NHL regular.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Ho-Sang full time next year?

Who knows. His comments at the end of the season certainly won't help his cause much as long as he's in NY. He has skill but skill only gets you so far. There's more than just being a good scorer to be an NHL regular and Ho-Sang seems to have a hard time remembering that.

Right now, I dont think he's a full time NHL player and until he matures a bit more I dont see it coming any time soon.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Who knows. His comments at the end of the season certainly won't help his cause much as long as he's in NY. He has skill but skill only gets you so far. There's more than just being a good scorer to be an NHL regular and Ho-Sang seems to have a hard time remembering that.

Right now, I dont think he's a full time NHL player and until he matures a bit more I dont see it coming any time soon.
    He's going to have to learn self-accountability first IMO... when he got sent down to Bridgeport and said he didn't think he should be sent down to work on his D because no one else was being held accountable for their lack of D -- there's no look in the mirror to say, hey, yeah, i'll work on mine. I'll come back better. Doesn't seem like his attitude changed by the end of the season. NYI can't sent everyone down to the AHL. If he produced like Barzal, perhaps some of his mistakes get overlooked a bit more as well
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

He should be full-time already. Who cares if he's not a perfect citizen? The Islanders need all the help they can get based on their results this year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

I think Ho-Sang can quickly be overtaken by other prospects/players. Specifically Bellows, whom I think can (and very well might) surpass both Ho-Sang and DalColle. Will be interesting to see whom the Islanders can nab in the upcoming draft also. I think they have 2 first round picks? 1 from Calgary and then their initial pick. Gives them a little better odds of landing in the lottery. But either way I think theyd end up with 2 top 15 picks.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Pro

he's got skills but doesn't appear to have the work ethic or maturity to reach the level of commitment/professionalism required to be a successful NHLer.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Seems like Weight has spent a huge amount of time working with him. I'm not sure he's taking the lessons given and learning them.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    he's got skills but doesn't appear to have the work ethic or maturity to reach the level of commitment/professionalism required to be a successful NHLer.
    The bane and downfall of most failed high end prospects. Attitude, maturity and coachability among the first and most important aspects I look at when deciding on prospects. It's how I knew Dele Alli would be a star for Tottenham Hotspur and Aaron Judge for the Yankees.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)