Thread: 1st round predictions..Dobber community vs Dobber experts...HERE

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default 1st round predictions..Dobber community vs Dobber experts...HERE

There are 8 polls on the Forum regarding 1st round predictions. I've mined the data from each poll to come up with the results in the left column. The evening of the 10th a piece was published regarding the 1st round (and more) predictions of 17 Dobber experts (very, very interesting). How do the 1st round predictions of the Community vs the Experts compare?

*Pool respondents..........................Dobber experts
    100% Preds over Aves............................100%Preds
    96% Jets over Wild................................ 94% Jets
    84% Bolts over Devils............................. 94% Bolts
    73% Pens over Flyers............................. 76% Pens
    59% Caps over CBJ................................ 71% CBJ
    67% Bruins over Leafs............................ 76% Bruins
    60% LA over VGK.................................. .65% LA
    57% Ducks over Sharks.......................... 53% Sharks
    *UPDATED Tuesday evening.

Sorry for the unprofessional chart.
    But you get the idea. Quite similar except for Caps/Jackets and Ducks/Sharks.
    If you are going into a pool of some type the thoughts of the Dobber Community and the Dobber Experts are probably as good a guide as you are going to get to give you a head start.
    Still hard to believe that not one pool respondent or expert picked the Avalanche. Thanks to the poll responders and the experts. Clarifying my thinking somewhat on my upcoming 18 team draft where we get the 16th pick. (Pool rules in sig have nothing to do with upcoming draft). https://dobberhockey.com (Hopefully the link to above mentioned piece).
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 1st round predictions..Dobber community vs Dobber experts...HERE

Does it affect the numbers that I voted on both sides?

Also, filled out a bracket just by flipping a coin, and got the Avalanche that way. So at least they got picked somewhere.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Guru

Haven't been on the boards much lately (too busy), so I missed the polls. I'll toss my picks here though:

Preds
    Wild
    Bolts
    Pens
    Caps
    Bruins
    Kings
    Sharks

Then:
    Preds
    Bolts
    Caps
    Sharks

Preds and Bolts play

Preds win the Cup.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Padawan

https://dobberhockey.com/hockey-home...playoffs-2018/
    Link to the article on 17 Dobber experts making predictions on 1st round matches and a few other things.
    One of the other things was....who gets the most points in the playoffs. One of the contributors, Chris Liggio
    said GUENZEL. When I saw that, honestly, I gave my head a shake.
    Guess who has 4 points tonight and I think is leading the playoffs in scoring.
    GUENZEL. wow..so far anyway.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.