Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Adam Fox - why no love?

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Adam Fox - why no love?

It doesn't seem like there's much being said here about this kid, so I'll say it. If you have a deep league and can stash a player, get your mitts on this dude before it's too late. Or, if D is a premium in your league. He has all the tools to be a borderline-elite, offensive D in the next couple of years. Yes, he's stuck in that D factory in Calgary (for now) but he's too good to be held down much longer - he'll either be traded or fill a spot for someone who is. He reminds me of a young Kevin Shattenkirk with Gostisbehere sprinkled in - Shatty's hands and vision with far better wheels. He's also that prototypical RHD that teams covet.

This time next year, everyone will be tripping over each other to land him in their leagues. Get a jump start.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Adam Fox - why no love?

I have much love for Fox. Targeting him as a late round pick in my rookie draft. Kid will be good when he gets a chance, but I think some of the guys in this years draft class' top 10 are better. Ill be taking all defenders in my draft (cause I need them), and hopefully can get my hands on Bouchard, Hague and Fox. Deadly.
    12 team 35 player dynasty Keep all players - 2017-18 Leaque champ -
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

G: Bobrovsky, Varlamov, IR: Crawford, Raanta Minors:Hill

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cdot588 View Post
    I have much love for Fox. Targeting him as a late round pick in my rookie draft. Kid will be good when he gets a chance, but I think some of the guys in this years draft class' top 10 are better. Ill be taking all defenders in my draft (cause I need them), and hopefully can get my hands on Bouchard, Hague and Fox. Deadly.
    If you can land that trio, you'll be in great shape. Personally, the only D in this year's draft that I like more than Fox (offensively) are Dahlin and Hughes. I think Boqvist is on par - Fox is more seasoned - and Bouchard, Dobson, Smith are a shade behind. Merkley has all the tools but carries too much risk, unless a late round add. Bouchard has the bomb but is fairly stationary. Fox reminds me a lot of Ghost, the way he loves to join the rush.

Good luck with your draft strategy, your D pipeline could be set.

Dobber Sports Monster

Have been a fan of him since his draft. Was underrated for quite a while but now he's getting more love. Been acquiring him in most of my leagues.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think part of it is - 3rd round selection - still in the NCAA - the current Flames D compliment - the other higher drafted D prospects in the system - & he hasn't gone 'lights out' in the WJC (not that he played bad)... None of these are actual knocks on him, but I think it keeps expectations, chatter to a minimum. See Montour.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Cdot588 View Post
    i would be very careful here, D takes time to develop, many dont live up to the hype. Its much easier to predict a young forward. Myself i prefer to stack on 18-22 forwards and then trade for 23-26 D guys with upside.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Jedi

I've got a rough rule with prospects - 10-15% on G 20-25% on D - rest F's In my 30 prospect pool, that's 3G and 6-8D - giving me 20 forwards. it' rough because depending on who I can acquire, I'll move those percentages for the better prospect (temporarily).

In my 15 prospect pool, I've got 1G - demko, Makar, McAvoy - room for one more & then next year, one more to replace McAvoy when he graduates. It should be a lose reflection of how your main roster is set up (starting positions). If you have 20 prospects & start 4D 9F, 2G.. it makes no sense to hold 8 prospect D - utilizing 40% of your prospect space on 26.67% active space

Dobber Sports Sage

I have been a fan of Fox for a while. Wish the Blackhawks had taken him over Chad Krys. I drafted him in the 5th round of our entry draft in his draft year and needless to say I am happy with the pick. Something is going to need to happen in Calgary via trade since they have a lot of dmen prospects.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Pro

I think Fox gets a lot of love. He's a great prospect, has a nice trajectory. The problem is that there are a handful of sexy d prospects right now so he will never be in that high-end group and gets lost in the shuffle a bit. But, I think most people know what he can bring to the table. If he got traded or if some of the other Calgary d prospects move, his value should spike.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I have been a fan of Fox for a while. Wish the Blackhawks had taken him over Chad Krys. I drafted him in the 5th round of our entry draft in his draft year and needless to say I am happy with the pick. Something is going to need to happen in Calgary via trade since they have a lot of dmen prospects.
    There were rumors at the deadline that Fox was close to heading to Montreal as part of a package for Pacioretty. If Fox were to end up on a team like the Habs, his value would rightfully rocket.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    There were rumors at the deadline that Fox was close to heading to Montreal as part of a package for Pacioretty. If Fox were to end up on a team like the Habs, his value would rightfully rocket.
    Vancouver should have traded the Twins

The Great One

The only thing holding Fox back right now is the log jam of dmen in front of him. Eventually he will be a star in the NHL, once he gets an opportunity to play and get regular PP time.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Guru

Seems to mirror Ghost's path a bit:
    - bit of a later pick
    - NCAA, so a bit tougher to gauge (especially from Harvard and Union)
    - seemed to be blocked by vets (Streit and MDZ seemed like they were going to be hard-ish to usurp)

Things turned out well for Gostisbehere.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Initiate

Fox decided to go back to school this year, I'd be curious to see what he does next year as he will also be a FA in 2020. I can't see CGY losing on a prospect like this so I'm sure they will give him every chance to succeed if not trade him due to the crazy depth they have on D. Valamaki is going to be a stud, him and Fox working a PP together would be unreal.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by bluck View Post
    Fox decided to go back to school this year, I'd be curious to see what he does next year as he will also be a FA in 2020. I can't see CGY losing on a prospect like this so I'm sure they will give him every chance to succeed if not trade him due to the crazy depth they have on D. Valamaki is going to be a stud, him and Fox working a PP together would be unreal.
    I think he could use the extra year before turning pro, but with the number of Dmen in their system - it does make you wonder if Fox will play the 4yr UFA game so he can go to a team with room immediately ?