Thread: Bored over summer? Looking for Gms for new dynasty- slow draft over the off-season!!

The Great One

Default Bored over summer? Looking for Gms for new dynasty- slow draft over the off-season!!

So I started a thread awhile ago but unfortunately didnt have enough interest at the time to get the league formulated. I thought Id try again now that we are essentially in the off-season, especially with the hope that serious and committed poolies might be interested in the idea of a "slow-draft" over the off season.

Id like to start a new dynasty salary cap keeper from scratch with deep farm systems and committed owners. The league borrows from the best elements of other leagues Im in. Heres a quick summary with more to come:

Buy-in: $30 annually. Need first buy in by the draft (May). Hoping to set this up with a treasurer whereby you can trade for future assets (draft picks) insofar as you pay upto that season. Will run it by ownership but hoping to get each manager to buy in two seasons ($60) to reserve a team.
    Provider: Yahoo
    Lineups: Weekly hth with daily starts
    Scoring: G, A, P, PPP, Sog, Pim, Gwg Goalies: Wins, SO, Sv, GAA
    Roster- 3 RW, 3 LW, 3C, 3Forward, 5 D, 2 G, 7 bench- Min 3 goalie starts

AHL and Junior Squad- You will also have a an AHL team and a junior team:

AHL- Is your minors- acts like your own personal waiver wire. Contracts 3 million or over are subject to waiver claims but other than that can be added/dropped from your main roster. In year one this team will be 15, increasing to 20 in year 2, and finally 25 (and capped) iby year 3.

Juniors- We will do a 6 round draft each year from the NHL entry draft. These draftees can stay on your junior team for up to 3 years unless promoted to your NHL or AHL club.

Salary Cap- Our cap will be 25 million floating over the actual NHL salary cap.

This is a brief outline with more to some later. Right now Id like to gauge interest and start nailing down commitments to see if there is an interest warranted in this. As you can see it will be an exceptionally long draft- so I am seeking committed, knowledgable and available owners. It will be a slow draft with a 24 hour window (maximum) between picks. In year one there would be 27 roster players drafted, a 15 man AHL team, and a 6 man junior team (NHL entry draft only)- so there would be a lot of work to do. This would also entail balancing cap management and reprecussions.

PM me if you are interested!! If we get to 10 I will greenlight this although the co-comish and myself prefer a 12 man set-up so we'll have to feel out the interest level.

Cheers!!!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Re: Bored over summer? Looking for Gms for new dynasty- slow draft over the off-season!!

I'm interested if its still happening,

Lots of pool experience but new to dobber, what's next?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Bored over summer? Looking for Gms for new dynasty- slow draft over the off-season!!

Just letting you know I tried to PM you with questions but your PM inbox is full!