Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DOBBER community's take on favourites..1st round of playoffs..all matches HERE

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default DOBBER community's take on favourites..1st round of playoffs..all matches HERE

As of 12:42 pm Monday....here is the Dobber community's take on all 1st round matches. Data gathered from the polls on each of the 8 match up threads.
    UPDATED TUESDAY 10TH AT 8:30PM CENTRAL
    100% of poll respondents chose Preds over Aves.
    92% favour Jets over Wild (NOW UP TO 96%)
    84% favour Bolts over Devils
    70% favour Pens over Flyers (NOW UP TO 73%)
    65% favour Caps over CBJ (NOW DOWN TO 59%)
    64% favour Bruins over Leafs (UP TO 67%)
    64% favour LA over VGK (DOWN TO 60%)
    57% favour Ducks over Sharks.

Quick question for my my own purposes. Which of the NON favourites jump out to you as a reasonable candidate to pull off an upset.?
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: DOBBER community's take on favourites..1st round of playoffs..all matches HERE

I'd say Vegas, Ducks, Leafs have the best chance at an upset. Anaheim vs San Jose is the closest match up.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: DOBBER community's take on favourites..1st round of playoffs..all matches HERE

I'd say the Jackets and Leafs have a shot.

LA/VGK and Ducks/Sharks are even odds IMO.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I actually think Blue Jackets have a great shot at winning..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Icon

give me Flyers over Pens for a first round upset
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Padawan

As of Tuesday morning, a few changes from yesterday.
    Caps have dropped to 60% from 65% v CBJ
    Pens up to 74% from 70% v Philly
    Bruins up 2% to 66% v Leafs and LA down to 62% from 64% v VGK
    Otherwise the #'s are the same as yesterday.

BIG THANKS to StuntMan, blayze, zorro, gilmour and finnys_fantasy for replying to my question. Appreciate your comments. The reason I asked is we have 16th pick in an 18 team (10 player per team) draft and I think we have to focus on lower tier teams and hope for the best...so was looking for thoughts from the Dobber community on which lower ranked teams had the best chance at pulling off an upset. Thanks for taking the time guys. Wasn't able to rep a couple of you. Sorry.

Pool rules in Sig don't apply to this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    As of 12:42 pm today....here is the Dobber community's take on all 1st round matches. Data gathered from the polls on each of the 8 match up threads.

92% favour Jets over Wild
    70% favour Pens over Flyers
    65% favour Caps over CBJ
    64% favour Bruins over Leafs
    64% favour LA over VGK
    Will update every 4 hours or so.

Quick question for my my own purposes. Which of the NON favourites jump out to you as a reasonable candidate to pull off an upset.?
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Legend

I like the Kings over the Knights - is that considered an upset?

I also think the Flyers have a real chance at shocking the hockey world and ousting the Pens in 6.

And, I hate to say it, because I love the Bolts, but I could see NJ knocking them off in round one.

Dobber Sports Legend

emg

I would love to see the Avs pull the biggest upset in the playoffs, but I just don't see it. I do, however, see it going 6 games. The Preds are too well-rounded, got a nice taste last year, and are built for war top-to-bottom.

Dobber Sports Padawan

UPDATED TUESDAY 10TH AT 8:30PM CENTRAL

92% favour Jets over Wild (NOW UP TO 96%)
    70% favour Pens over Flyers (NOW UP TO 73%)
    65% favour Caps over CBJ (NOW DOWN TO 59%)
    64% favour Bruins over Leafs (UP TO 67%)
    64% favour LA over VGK (DOWN TO 60%)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I like the Kings over the Knights - is that considered an upset?

I also think the Flyers have a real chance at shocking the hockey world and ousting the Pens in 6.

And, I hate to say it, because I love the Bolts, but I could see NJ knocking them off in round one.
    Yup, totally agree, TB had fits playing against NJ in the regular season. That whole metro division is wide - wide open IMO... I've also got the Leafs over Boston in 6 - homerism aside, I just think they're 3rd/4th line is better/deeper.

LA - that vet team can't really be seen as an upset on Vegas.. I've also got them to get to the conference finals
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

changed my opinion on the BOS vs TOR series. Toronto is taking it
    changed my opinion on the WSH vs CBJ series. CBJ is taking it

I changed my bracket on NHL.com to reflect this. #winning

Dobber Sports Jedi

I had a playoff pool on Sun night, I took all Leafs and Kings. I wouldn't be shocked to see a Leafs - Devils 2nd round matchup
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

StuntMan12...I see in that Dobber Experts piece on 1st round predictions that a whopping 12 of 17 of them chose CBJ. But there are no explanations as to why in the article. Any reasons why you are going with them or just a gut feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    changed my opinion on the BOS vs TOR series. Toronto is taking it
    changed my opinion on the WSH vs CBJ series. CBJ is taking it

I changed my bracket on NHL.com to reflect this. #winning

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I actually think Blue Jackets have a great shot at winning..

I see 12 of 17 Dobber Experts picked CBJ but they give no reasons. Do you have some reasons why you like CBJ or just a gut feel?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    I see 12 of 17 Dobber Experts picked CBJ but they give no reasons. Do you have some reasons why you like CBJ or just a gut feel?
    I'll post my reasoning anyways:
    Columbus has all the pieces needed for a good first round: centre depth, scoring wingers, a stud dman (Jones - Werenski is good but no all-around stud), and a goalie that can steal the series on his own.
    Add in Torts who knows how to manage the playoffs, and that they have room to be even better with some additional pp scoring, and there's lots to like.

On the Washington side:
    I don't like their centre depth, their goaltending is becoming a controversy, and they haven't been a reliable playoff team in years past. As one of the favourites last year they barely got past a very green Toronto squad.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)