Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DOBBER community's take on favourites..1st round of playoffs..all matches HERE

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: DOBBER community's take on favourites..1st round of playoffs..all matches HERE

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    StuntMan12...I see in that Dobber Experts piece on 1st round predictions that a whopping 12 of 17 of them chose CBJ. But there are no explanations as to why in the article. Any reasons why you are going with them or just a gut feeling?
    Reasons why I'm changing my pick from Washington to CBJ is:

- Initially had bad feeling about Washington. They always seem to do terrible in the play-offs to begin with.
    - Washington is like a wounded duck right now. Albeit they won their division but Holtby for the most part has not been playing well all year and have resorted to playing their back up goalie in game one.
    - Columbus is a better team than last year. The addition of Artemi Panarin has and will help them a great deal in this match-up. Over a ppg player being added to this roster will help a lot.
    - CBJ has a huge advantage In the goalie department. Bobrovsky is a top 5 goalie imo.
    - CBJ defence is improved on last year. Seth Jones has made a huge step forward this past season and should have a great series.

My picks for teams going onto the 2nd round:

Nashville
    Winnipeg
    Los Angeles
    Anaheim

Tampa Bay
    Toronto
    Columbus
    Pittsburgh

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: DOBBER community's take on favourites..1st round of playoffs..all matches HERE

I could honestly see all 4 lower seeds winning in the East -- NJ, TOR, CBJ, PHI
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I could honestly see all 4 lower seeds winning in the East -- NJ, TOR, CBJ, PHI
    That's what makes PlayOff Pool drafts so much fun eh. Last year the winner of our 18 team Pool took as many Preds (last seed in the West) as they could. Everyone was snickering at them. They won by a ridiculous margin.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Padawan

All good points. Thanks EB. Atkinson has a 9 game point streak on the go, 13/9 and he's 20/16. If he can keep up anywhere near that level makes a big difference too.
    But I'm just having a heck of a time picturing CBJ taking out the Caps even though Caps have disappointed me a couple times last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'll post my reasoning anyways:
    Columbus has all the pieces needed for a good first round: centre depth, scoring wingers, a stud dman (Jones - Werenski is good but no all-around stud), and a goalie that can steal the series on his own.
    Add in Torts who knows how to manage the playoffs, and that they have room to be even better with some additional pp scoring, and there's lots to like.

On the Washington side:
    I don't like their centre depth, their goaltending is becoming a controversy, and they haven't been a reliable playoff team in years past. As one of the favourites last year they barely got past a very green Toronto squad.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Padawan

And Atkinson has come alive the last 1/4. Thanks StuntMan. We've been burned by the Caps a few times in recent years so I don't have any faith in them anymore which means, of course, they win the Cup this year lol.

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Reasons why I'm changing my pick from Washington to CBJ is:

- Initially had bad feeling about Washington. They always seem to do terrible in the play-offs to begin with.
    - Washington is like a wounded duck right now. Albeit they won their division but Holtby for the most part has not been playing well all year and have resorted to playing their back up goalie in game one.
    - Columbus is a better team than last year. The addition of Artemi Panarin has and will help them a great deal in this match-up. Over a ppg player being added to this roster will help a lot.
    - CBJ has a huge advantage In the goalie department. Bobrovsky is a top 5 goalie imo.
    - CBJ defence is improved on last year. Seth Jones has made a huge step forward this past season and should have a great series.

My picks for teams going onto the 2nd round:

Nashville
    Winnipeg
    Los Angeles
    Anaheim

Tampa Bay
    Toronto
    Columbus
    Pittsburgh