Thread: Does Yahoo allow appeals? You will not believe this championship deciding scenario

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Does Yahoo allow appeals? You will not believe this championship deciding scenario

Last night I "won" my league but I really shouldn't have. Get a load of this scenario:

Went into the final game tied at 110-110 each (straight points), which in itself is remarkable after a two week long matchup. Yandle assist puts me up by one, then in the dying minutes of the game Dadonov scores after a puck looks to deflect off of Bjugstad's skate. My opponent has Bjug, but no assist was given on the play initially. Had he gotten that point we would have remained tied 111-111 after the game and my opp would have won the title (rightfully so) on the tiebreaker. Talk about a photo finish.

Fast forward to this morning, Yahoo processes the results and declares me the winner. However the NHL.com box score updates sometime in the last hour to give Bjug the assist after all, but with the season over and apparently no more stat corrections incoming my opponent basically got screwed out of his title because the NHL didn't catch it before the season concluded on Yahoo. I am 100% fine with losing the title because it's the right call, and I don't want to have a tainted win that shouldn't have happened.

Can this be appealed? Or is there a chance Yahoo will correct it themselves?
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Does Yahoo allow appeals? You will not believe this championship deciding scenario

They'll probably correct it. Most likely your not the only one this affected. I'm sure 100s of twitter whiners are out this morning demanding this be reconciled
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Does Yahoo allow appeals? You will not believe this championship deciding scenario

#1 - You are awesome and honest and I greatly respect you for this post.
    #2 - Who is handling the money? Yahoo?
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Svbetts View Post
    #1 - You are awesome and honest and I greatly respect you for this post.
    #2 - Who is handling the money? Yahoo?
    The commish is handling the money (which was only $10 each or something so not a big deal to me either way) and also happens to be a good friend of mine and the other manager in this scenario, so there is no conflict at all as far as where the money goes. It's his win and his money fair and square and I've acknowledged that multiple times with the other managers since I first suspected the call was missed this morning. Now that it's officially on the box score there is no dispute he's the rightful champ, I'm just wondering if Yahoo will give him the correct credit.

Even then we might be switching to Fantrax next year so what Yahoo thinks or does may not matter anyway. We will copy our league, keepers and settings over to Fantrax and if possible manually acknowledge his win over there (if that's something you can do, I have no idea). But on the chance we stick with Yahoo long term it would be better to have the accurate results on record.

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Padawan

Commish (aka the other manager and rightful champ) is refusing to collect any prize money this year because of the whole mess whether Yahoo corrects it or not, so that is a non issue. Just concerned about the integrity of the results should we choose to continue the league in Yahoo.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    They'll probably correct it. Most likely your not the only one this affected. I'm sure 100s of twitter whiners are out this morning demanding this be reconciled
    Yahoo will correct it and it will probably happen on like Wednesday or Thursday. That's normally how long stat corrections take.