Poll: Caps or CBJ

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Washington Capitals vs Columbus Blue Jackets

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Washington Capitals vs Columbus Blue Jackets

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Really, who doesn't love the BJs though?
    Ed Zachary!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    The Pens would eat the Caps alive. The Jackets would match-up well against them.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    The Pens would eat the Caps alive. The Jackets would match-up well against them.

On what basis? Last year? The year before? I think we as a group put way to much emphasis on what happened in the history.

and if you ask me... Washington has been better the better team in 2/3 of the games in that series.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    On what basis? Last year? The year before? I think we as a group put way to much emphasis on what happened in the history.

and if you ask me... Washington has been better the better team in 2/3 of the games in that series.
    Interesting how you keep going back to your subjective opinion of who the "better team" was instead of who actually won. You're starting to sound like all the Sharks fans

I'll take the guys who have won back-to-back cups in addition to winning the last 7 playoff series against the Caps

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Interesting how you keep going back to your subjective opinion of who the "better team" was instead of who actually won. You're starting to sound like all the Sharks fans

I'll take the guys who have won back-to-back cups in addition to winning the last 7 playoff series against the Caps
    I am just trying to defend against all the people that write a team off because of their history! Yes, recency bias is very prevalent in sports, but it is very much that bias that I am trying to counter.

Yes Washington has to prove us wrong.... but for true analysis there are other things that we should consider rather than just what happened in previous series or games.

Speaking of the Sharks... everyone used recency bias to write them off two years ago...noone was picking them to go far in the playoffs... and what did they do... they made it to the Cup finals.

Maybe this is the year that we all write off the Capitals and we end up seeing a Capitals/Sharks finals... now wouldn't that be something!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Trust me dude, I would love to see Ovie lift the cup... he's more deserving than anyone in the league who hasn't won it yet.

I just don't think the Caps have it in their genetic DNA to win in the playoffs. You need guys who step up in the big moments like Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Toews, Kopitar, etc. The Caps are uber talented but they don't have winners.

My Game 4 Prediction for tonight:

4-1 Washington Capitals win... 2 powerplay goals and an empty net goal.

Dobber Sports Sage

5-2 caps. Ovi with a pair.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Trust me dude, I would love to see Ovie lift the cup... he's more deserving than anyone in the league who hasn't won it yet.

I just don't think the Caps have it in their genetic DNA to win in the playoffs. You need guys who step up in the big moments like Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Toews, Kopitar, etc. The Caps are uber talented but they don't have winners.
    And Bergeron and Chara too!!

4-3 in OT..... BJ's rule

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    And Bergeron and Chara too!!
    and Austin Matthews

I'll take the caps in a wild one 5-4
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports All-Star

I may be sniffing glue, but for some reason my spidey senses have been tingling about the Caps making it all the way to the cup this year. Less pressure. Hotly resurgence and retribution. Ovi retribution.

5-3 tonight for Caps. One empty net goal. Kuznetsov with a pair and is the star of the game. Ovi with a PP goal and an assist.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow lots to weigh in on. First of all recent bias means something but not everything. Last year the Coilers beat San Jose pretty handily in the 1st round this year there one of the worse teams in the league, conversely Anaheim beat the Coilers last year and looked great. Fast foward to this year a Thorontonless San Jose mops the floor with Anaheim. I and lots others thought Anaheim would take that series.

Now back to the Caps vs potentially the Penguins in the 2nd round for the third straight year. I agree with most the Caps would be out matched. To be honest wingers just don't have the impact to change games as much as the other positions. I think you got to compare the stars then breakdown the depth. So basically Ovi nullifies Kessel. Then you take Pitts two hall of fame centers vs Washington's two very good centers and clearly Pitt comes way out in front. From there we look at the back end and lets say Letang and Carlson are close to a wash. So nothing gained there. After that Murray is the more proven netminder in the post season over Holtby so slight advantage.

In a nutshell a 5 to 6 game series this year if they meet next round.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Wow lots to weigh in on. First of all recent bias means something but not everything. Last year the Coilers beat San Jose pretty handily in the 1st round this year there one of the worse teams in the league, conversely Anaheim beat the Coilers last year and looked great. Fast foward to this year a Thorontonless San Jose mops the floor with Anaheim. I and lots others thought Anaheim would take that series.

Now back to the Caps vs potentially the Penguins in the 2nd round for the third straight year. I agree with most the Caps would be out matched. To be honest wingers just don't have the impact to change games as much as the other positions. I think you got to compare the stars then breakdown the depth. So basically Ovi nullifies Kessel. Then you take Pitts two hall of fame centers vs Washington's two very good centers and clearly Pitt comes way out in front. From there we look at the back end and lets say Letang and Carlson are close to a wash. So nothing gained there. After that Murray is the more proven netminder in the post season over Holtby so slight advantage.

In a nutshell a 5 to 6 game series this year if they meet next round.
    Awesome!! I appreciate it so much... analysis used!!! Comparing players from one team to the other!!

You didn't take the easy route and say Washington are playoff failures and Pittsburgh are playoff heroes. Love it!!

​​

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    I may be sniffing glue, but for some reason my spidey senses have been tingling about the Caps making it all the way to the cup this year. Less pressure. Hotly resurgence and retribution. Ovi retribution.

5-3 tonight for Caps. One empty net goal. Kuznetsov with a pair and is the star of the game. Ovi with a PP goal and an assist.
    2 games ago I would have recommended Gorilla glue, but the Caps looked real good last night. They're not out of the woods yet though - Fonzie will have the Jackets firing on all cylinders in game 5. But Holbty and Ovie could surge with some confidence. Kuznetsov and Carlson have been rock solid; Oshie good. However, for the Caps to make it to the Cup, Backstrom would need to wake up from his coma.