Default Re: Washington Capitals vs Columbus Blue Jackets

Do you start Holtby now?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Do you start Holtby now?

You started Grubauer for two reasons:

1) Hoping he could win you a game
    2) To light a fire under Holtby's rear end.

#1 did not happen... so hopefully #2 has happened and we see Holtby of passed regular seasons.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

I think they stick with Holtby next game

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports All-Star

If they sign Varlamov, he may be available for the next game.

EDIT

LOL of course I meant Samsanov!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Grubs was the right call. Now it's Holtby's turn... not that it matters anymore since the series is done.

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Grubs was the right call. Now it's Holtby's turn... not that it matters anymore since the series is done.
    I haven't heard any 'obese' lady singing!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports All-Star

The Capitals are the biggest chokers of this century. It doesn't matter if they are the favorites or underdogs. I don't believe they have won a series that they weren't supposed to win in the OV era.
    Its the same thing every year.

Dobber Sports Genius

Snake Bitten. I watched both games and feel that the Capitals were the better team and deserved to win. Two loses in OT, I think there is still a lot of life left in this series. I expect a disciplined close win in game 3 with Holtby returning to his vezina caliber self. Then in game 4 I think the Caps blow them out of the water as Columbus is still thinking about how they lost game 3 in front of their home crowd. Strong push back by Columbus in game 5 with Holtby stealing a game before the Caps put them away with experience in game 6.

Bold prediction but I have seen nothing from Columbus or better yet from the Caps that thinks this series is over. Sometimes a little adversity is good for a team.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Administrator

Olaf Kolzig might have to come out of retirement to save this team.

Dobber Sports Genius

Everyone ragging on them but outside of stupid penalties, I think they have played just fine. I am Caps fan, Vancouver 1st of coarse but Caps 2nd and honestly watching them this series oppose to some in the past (last years 1st round vs Toronto, last two Pitt series) I have been happy with their game overall.

Dobber Sports Stud

You can't waste so many 2-goals leads without being an undisciplined hockey club...
    Their coverage on the Josh Anderson goal was just atrocious.
    Now we'll see if Holtby can rally this team around him... I doubt he outduels Bobrovsky 4 times in the next 5 games.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Administrator

They just can't seem to put it all together at the same time. I've never questioned their effort. They have 7 goals in 2 games which is good but they're leaking goals at the other end.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    They just can't seem to put it all together at the same time. I've never questioned their effort. They have 7 goals in 2 games which is good but they're leaking goals at the other end.
    A lot of people do. They say the team doesn't want it or plays with a lack of effort. The truth is its tough to win in today's NHL. If Boston continues to pummel their way to the top and win another cup then over the last 10 years were talking 4 teams winning it! The Caps would of at least made the conference finals twice in the last two years if it weren't for how stupid the playoffs are set up these days and having to meet Pittsburgh twice in the 2nd round, in which they lost the first meeting in 6 games in OT and then 2nd in 7 games to the eventual cup winners and perhaps one of the best teams in NHL history.

I do agree that after this year the Caps chances will greatly diminish so this is in fact huge for them to find a way to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    The Capitals are the biggest chokers of this century. It doesn't matter if they are the favorites or underdogs. I don't believe they have won a series that they weren't supposed to win in the OV era.
    Its the same thing every year.
    It was the same thing for San Jose every year.... until the year they made it to the Cup Final! Everyone wrote San Jose off for the same reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Snake Bitten. I watched both games and feel that the Capitals were the better team and deserved to win. Two loses in OT, I think there is still a lot of life left in this series. I expect a disciplined close win in game 3 with Holtby returning to his vezina caliber self. Then in game 4 I think the Caps blow them out of the water as Columbus is still thinking about how they lost game 3 in front of their home crowd. Strong push back by Columbus in game 5 with Holtby stealing a game before the Caps put them away with experience in game 6.

Bold prediction but I have seen nothing from Columbus or better yet from the Caps that thinks this series is over. Sometimes a little adversity is good for a team.

I support this message! I can get on board with this... everyone lives way to much in the past and always says Washington can never win.. I think they come back and prove doubters wrong! What were the shots in last nights game?

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Snake Bitten. I watched both games and feel that the Capitals were the better team and deserved to win.
    They're not snake bitten. It's the same shit every year with the Caps. They just don't have what it takes to win in the playoffs. They fold in the biggest moments.

Hate to say it but they're just not winners. Some teams find that extra gear that it takes to win in the playoffs and others just don't have it. The Penguins and Hawks had it. Caps have never had it, ditto the Sharks.