Thread: Playoff pool targets

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Playoff pool targets

In my first playoff pool draft - G 1 A 1 W 2 SHO 1

Which 3 teams aside from PIT would you focus on drafting players from?

NSH or WIN?

VGK LAK ANA or SJS?

TBL or BOS?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Playoff pool targets

Nashville and Winnipeg is a close one. I'm going with Winnipeg. In their game earlier (week or two ago) Winnipeg was down on the scoreboard and came roaring back and was whipping them like hound dogs. Winnipeg to me has another gear where they can just take over the game with their offense. they have ok defence and a Vezina finalist (I think anyhow) goalie. Rather inexperienced but there is no better way to get experience than making a long run!

I'm going with LAK out of those four teams. Anze Kopitar is having an MVP type season, Jeff Carter has came back and is hot as ever. Jonathan Quick is no slouch, posted a +.920 sv% this season, not to mention their defence is very good.

This one is another pick em for me. I'm going to go with the team I like more in this case, which is Tampa Bay. They have been luke warm of late which worries me, smart money might be on Boston but at the same time I want to root for Kucherov.

We're drafting 7 FW, 3 D, 2 G - I have 13th and 16th pick. Goalies can be picked twice.

So far: 01. Rinne 02. Stamkos 03. Crosb 04. Wheeler 05. Matthews (hardcore leafs fan) 06. Malkin

Who would be your next 7-9 choices?

I'm thinking along the lines of Kessel Marchand Pasta Rask Scheif Laine Helle?
    Bergeron Murray?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by seguingenesis View Post
    We're drafting 7 FW, 3 D, 2 G - I have 13th and 16th pick. Goalies can be picked twice.

So far: 01. Rinne 02. Stamkos 03. Crosb 04. Wheeler 05. Matthews (hardcore leafs fan) 06. Malkin

Who would be your next 7-9 choices?

I'm thinking along the lines of Kessel Marchand Pasta Rask Scheif Laine Helle?
    Bergeron Murray?
    I'd go Winnipeg players first, then Pit, then Boston.

Wouldn't you want to pick TB/NSH players first? They are the favorites to come out of the East/West.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by NeTWorKz View Post
    Wouldn't you want to pick TB/NSH players first? They are the favorites to come out of the East/West.
    Might not be a bad strategy but if Winnipeg does in fact beat Nashville I want all their players. Gooding74 was on NHL Sirius XM radio and said you have to take chances in play-off pools. In this case I'm going in feet first and going all the way.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Your team is spread too thin, you won't be able to win bud.

Generally in a typical playoff elimination pool you want to concentrate on 2-3 teams (ideally in opposite conferences). Usually the GM with the most players by the conference finals wins.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Your team is spread too thin, you won't be able to win bud.
    StuntMan going to run away with the pools this play-offs.