Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 mock drafts

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: 2018 mock drafts

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Interesting you have Bouchard as the second D going off the board at #5... this is where I've been saying he would go all along.. or even in front of Tkachuk at #4.
    That's not how I rank them personally but NHL scouts feel strongly about them. This is a mock draft, not my personal ranking, so I went with what they think at the top. https://www.tsn.ca/the-big-four-soli...king-1.1066345

The top 9 this year is amazing. After the top 2, anyone from the next 7 could end up being the 3rd best player from this draft class. I personally have Tkachuk and Bouchard at the end of that group (#8 and #9) but they're closer to the NHL because of their size and age - I just personally prefer the upside of the others more but to each their own.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That's not how I rank them personally but NHL scouts feel strongly about them. This is a mock draft, not my personal ranking, so I went with what they think at the top. https://www.tsn.ca/the-big-four-soli...king-1.1066345

The top 9 this year is amazing. After the top 2, anyone from the next 7 could end up being the 3rd best player from this draft class. I personally have Tkachuk and Bouchard at the end of that group (#8 and #9) but they're closer to the NHL because of their size and age - I just personally prefer the upside of the others more but to each their own.
    I don't argue that Hughes/Boqvist offer higher offensive ceilings. I just think NHL teams see Bouchard as a safer all around Dman - who's more NHL ready. his 30+ TOI/gm stats down the stretch and in the playoffs likely have GM's & Scouts salivating.

I'm most intrigued by what Vancouver will do, especially if Wahlstrom/Tkachuk and any combo of Hughes/Boqvist/Bouchard/Dobson are available. We saw last year Benning target highest ceiling player. And if it's a F... can he pass on one of those Dmen?

I've seen Woo as a late 1st 22-29 range. curious as to the mock - fall to #62?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't argue that Hughes/Boqvist offer higher offensive ceilings. I just think NHL teams see Bouchard as a safer all around Dman - who's more NHL ready. his 30+ TOI/gm stats down the stretch and in the playoffs likely have GM's & Scouts salivating.

I'm most intrigued by what Vancouver will do, especially if Wahlstrom/Tkachuk and any combo of Hughes/Boqvist/Bouchard/Dobson are available. We saw last year Benning target highest ceiling player. And if it's a F... can he pass on one of those Dmen?

I've seen Woo as a late 1st 22-29 range. curious as to the mock - fall to #62?
    NHL teams still put a lot of value on size which is why Tkachuk and Bouchard are high on their lists. They want safe players who will definitely reach the NHL even if they miss out on high-end talent in the process. And they also think about the playoffs where big players can run wild when refs stop calling penalties. Hughes is better than Bouchard defensively, and his skating is a bunch of tiers better than Bouchard's. Bouchard has that big shot and he's great on the power play but likely tops out as #3 D-man or #2 at best whereas Hughes has #1 upside. Not talking about offensive upside, talking about all-around upside.

I'd be shocked to see Woo going in the 1st round. But from #43 to #62, they're interchangeable. And you could add 5-10 names to that group at least.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Hmm... with Montreal's desperate need for a Centre & Defenceman... I wonder if there will be any appetite for them to trade down -- NYI 11, 12th + Toews, Ho-Sang or Aho for #3? Snow having those 2 picks, guarantee he is already on the phones looking to move up. How badly does Mtl feel they need a Centre. That could swing it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hmm... with Montreal's desperate need for a Centre & Defenceman... I wonder if there will be any appetite for them to trade down -- NYI 11, 12th + Toews, Ho-Sang or Aho for #3? Snow having those 2 picks, guarantee he is already on the phones looking to move up. How badly does Mtl feel they need a Centre. That could swing it.
    Was thinking this exact same thing this morning!

Now throw in a sign & trade with Tavares and we're in business
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post

If I were Bergie, I'd really consider it... getting 11th & 12th + another pick or prospect - I'd then trade the 12th to get back inside the top 10 - 8th/9th to get one of those Dmen - Dobson, Hughes, Bouchard, Boqvist... get a C and a D. rather than a winger.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm not sure the Isles would do that just for the 3rd overall pick, though. Even with a sign and trade I would think JT has more value than just the 3rd overall pick. But I am not an expert so that's more my curiosity asking.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post

Never mind. I'm an idiot and thought I saw Tavares in your post.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think this could work if Tavares re-signs with the Islanders but if Tavares is gone, they'd likely want to keep two picks instead of just one.

Getting Kotkaniemi and Veleno would solve Montreal's need for centers for a very long time. Add in Poehling and Ikonen, and they'd have great depth down the middle.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I think this could work if Tavares re-signs with the Islanders but if Tavares is gone, they'd likely want to keep two picks instead of just one.

Getting Kotkaniemi and Veleno would solve Montreal's need for centers for a very long time. Add in Poehling and Ikonen, and they'd have great depth down the middle.
    I like this idea more than Tavares
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Demi-God

BUMP.
    JP - Do you have any interest in setting up a 2018 "fantasy" mock draft thread! (In fairness, you should have some guarded interests in your own league valuations)

I need some discussion to determine who I should target with a 13th overall pick in a league with standard cats plus FOW/HIT/BLK!?!
    Can I get something solid there... or should I look to move up or down?
    (*not the WHL.)

Dobber Sports Veteran

The OHL championship starts tomorrow. You should check out a game and 'scout' Barrett Hayton if you can. Game 4 is being televised nationally in Canada a week from today I believe. If you're looking for a forward he may be a solid bet at 13th overall and is considered a safe bet to crack an NHL roster sooner or later from what I've read. I've really liked him when I've seen Soo play. He gets overshadowed by Frost and Katchouk but is a big part of their success.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    BUMP.
    JP - Do you have any interest in setting up a 2018 "fantasy" mock draft thread! (In fairness, you should have some guarded interests in your own league valuations)

I need some discussion to determine who I should target with a 13th overall pick in a league with standard cats plus FOW/HIT/BLK!?!
    Can I get something solid there... or should I look to move up or down?
    (*not the WHL.)
    This would be sweet. I'd love to see some opinions on this since I feel like after the top three, opinions are all over the board.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Deity

We've done these most years. I know I have participated in a few of them over the past couple years.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

In know id be friggin pumped if the Sens drafted Tkachuk at 4.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-