Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 mock drafts

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: 2018 mock drafts

When you draft at the top of the draft you suppose to pick the best player available not for need. It's my opinion.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    Hughes and Drouin would be fun to watch. If Wahlstrom goes right before the hawks pick I?ll murder someone, just like when the Rams took Aaron Donald the pick before the Bears.
    So did you indeed murder someone back then?
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Habs need centers and defensemen, so I don't see how drafting another winger helps them. But as said earlier, best player available so early in the first, and Hughes is that guy IMO.
    I assume they'll draft BPA and that to me is one of Tkachuk(I think they'll reach for him given his family history and potential) or Wahlstrom.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    It would be the opposite actually. If you are ever going to draft for need it would be at the top of the draft because those are the players that are more ready. You don’t draft on need later on in the draft as those players won’t be on your team for years and your need a may change before they get onto the ice
    So Edmonton chosing McDavid over a D prospect was a mistake? They didn't need another forward but they picked one anyway. I agree if you can draft a high pick that fills a need, you should, but if you don't need a D man this year but are chosing 1st, you'd be a fool to pass on Dahlin.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    So Edmonton chosing McDavid over a D prospect was a mistake? They didn't need another forward but they picked one anyway. I agree if you can draft a high pick that fills a need, you should, but if you don't need a D man this year but are chosing 1st, you'd be a fool to pass on Dahlin.
    No I said “if you were going to draft for need” you do it near the top. I would choose the best player regardless of need.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    So did you indeed murder someone back then?
    I about murdered my TV that night.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Montreal needs scoring so would you be surprised to see them maybe take Wahlstrom or Tkachuk over a D man? Obviously the draft is a guessing game but would you think it would make more sense to draft a forward instead?
    I think the Habs would go D there, if Hughes is on the board. No Subban, no Sergachev. They need a young, horse of a D to build around. Quality forwards are easier to acquire via trade or free agency.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Here's my new Top 15 mock draft now that the draft order is finalized.

Remember, it's a mock draft, not my personal rankings. It follows closely the tiers described in the latest TSN Draft Rankings.

Dobber Sports Deity

Post lottery, Craig Button updates his mock draft board up to #15.

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-mock-d...tion-1.1071168

Interesting to see Button pushing Jesperi Kotkaniemi into his top 10. I'd be over the moon if Boqvist slips to Edmonton at 10.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Post lottery, Craig Button updates his mock draft board up to #15.

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-mock-d...tion-1.1071168

Interesting to see Button pushing Jesperi Kotkaniemi into his top 10. I'd be over the moon if Boqvist slips to Edmonton at 10.
    Kotkaniemi was #10 on TSN Draft Rankings as well, so not surprising. He could definitely sneak into the top 10 because he's the best center available in the draft. He's been great at the U18 Worlds where he's played center.

Recrutes have Kotkaniemi ranked #4...

EDIT: 14/15 from Button's mock are on my mock as well. Only difference is Wilde vs Denisenko. Wilde was one of three players I considered for the Panthers at #15 (and had them taking him in my earlier mock).

Dobber Sports Legend

I'd be down with the Flyers snagging Farabee. Oh, and if Boqvist goes to Edmonton, I'd take him extremely high in fantasy.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I had a bit too much free time today, so I did a mock draft for the entire first two rounds. Here are all the 62 selections.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

That's a really nice mock. I can't say I yet have a good vibe on separating players past 15... but I can say I really like the 15 chosen.
    I've seen Bouchard charging up several charts - I'll have to research more on what people are liking more about him these days.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I think the Habs would go D there, if Hughes is on the board. No Subban, no Sergachev. They need a young, horse of a D to build around. Quality forwards are easier to acquire via trade or free agency.
    they need EVERYTHING. They have to take who they believe is the highest end talent. Period. regardless who's there, they can't afford to draft positionally.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Interesting you have Bouchard as the second D going off the board at #5... this is where I've been saying he would go all along.. or even in front of Tkachuk at #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I had a bit too much free time today, so I did a mock draft for the entire first two rounds. Here are all the 62 selections.

Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4