Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 mock drafts

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default 2018 mock drafts

I did a quick Top 10 mock draft today, so I figured I'd start a thread so that everyone can post their own here. The order of picks #14 and #15 will be decided by the Florida game tonight, so I'll probably post the remaining five picks tomorrow. I've identified the five players I want to put there but can't finalize the order of them just yet.

(All of this is of course assuming the draft lottery doesn't change the order but since we don't know what happens there, I'm just using the current order.)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: 2018 mock drafts

Thanks for this, JP. I managed to get back into the top 2 for my pool so I'll be following this closely.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Stud

Wahlstrom at 6 to the Canucks will be a steal..

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Wahlstrom at 6 to the Canucks will be a steal..
    I don't know if steal is the right word as it's really difficult to argue him over any of the top 5 guys but Wahlstrom at #6 is great value for sure. Players like him do usually go in the top 5.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Montreal needs scoring so would you be surprised to see them maybe take Wahlstrom or Tkachuk over a D man? Obviously the draft is a guessing game but would you think it would make more sense to draft a forward instead?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Montreal needs scoring so would you be surprised to see them maybe take Wahlstrom or Tkachuk over a D man? Obviously the draft is a guessing game but would you think it would make more sense to draft a forward instead?
    They also badly need defensemen who are capable of moving the puck, and I think that's an even bigger need for them. Forwards can't do anything if they don't have defensemen who can move the puck up from their own zone. If they pick at #4, I would be very surprised if they took a forward - unless of course Arizona takes Hughes at #3 which is a real possibility.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I don't know if steal is the right word as it's really difficult to argue him over any of the top 5 guys but Wahlstrom at #6 is great value for sure. Players like him do usually go in the top 5.
    Agreed.. steal was a poor choice of a word. Great value describes it better.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Padawan

They also badly need defensemen who are capable of moving the puck, and I think that's an even bigger need for them. Forwards can't do anything if they don't have defensemen who can move the puck up from their own zone. If they pick at #4, I would be very surprised if they took a forward - unless of course Arizona takes Hughes at #3 which is a real possibility.
    Do you think that changes if they manage to trade Patches? I guess even if they did, drafting a forward wouldn't help as that's a big hole to fill and no way anyone would be able to fill it in the top 5. I'd assume they'd get a forward back so drafting a D man would still make sense. You think Patches gets dealt?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Do you think that changes if they manage to trade Patches? I guess even if they did, drafting a forward wouldn't help as that's a big hole to fill and no way anyone would be able to fill it in the top 5. I'd assume they'd get a forward back so drafting a D man would still make sense. You think Patches gets dealt?
    I have no idea if he gets traded but I hope he does. Sometimes it's just better to break up and move on, and I think that's the case here (and I think that's the case in Ottawa as well).

I'm also not a big fan of drafting for needs early in the 1st round. After the midway point it's usually fine because there are usually 2-3 players with similar projection, so you can use team needs as a way to choose between them. But not early in the 1st round.

Dobber Sports Deity

Montreal needs puck moving Dmen and scoring centers. That being said, they have lots of cap to try and fill their holes via FA if possible. I have no doubt they will take the best player available when their pick comes around, no matter whos available.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

If Habs pick 4th, they're taking one of Tkachuk or Wahlstrom (unless Zadina is available).

This is fun to do early but it's almost certain the order will be different after the lottery.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    If Habs pick 4th, they're taking one of Tkachuk or Wahlstrom (unless Zadina is available).

This is fun to do early but it's almost certain the order will be different after the lottery.
    Ya, I dont bother doing any mocks until the draft lottery happens.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hughes and Drouin would be fun to watch. If Wahlstrom goes right before the hawks pick I’ll murder someone, just like when the Rams took Aaron Donald the pick before the Bears.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Habs need centers and defensemen, so I don't see how drafting another winger helps them. But as said earlier, best player available so early in the first, and Hughes is that guy IMO.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I have no idea if he gets traded but I hope he does. Sometimes it's just better to break up and move on, and I think that's the case here (and I think that's the case in Ottawa as well).

I'm also not a big fan of drafting for needs early in the 1st round. After the midway point it's usually fine because there are usually 2-3 players with similar projection, so you can use team needs as a way to choose between them. But not early in the 1st round.
    It would be the opposite actually. If you are ever going to draft for need it would be at the top of the draft because those are the players that are more ready. You don’t draft on need later on in the draft as those players won’t be on your team for years and your need a may change before they get onto the ice