Thread: Rank these D prospects

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Rank these D prospects

Curious how these guys are viewed as far as next season and long term potential.

I have them ranked. Not including Dahlen who?s a clear number 1 or Heiskenen who?s probably 2.

Bouchard
    Foote
    Liljegrin
    Brannstrom
    Jokiharju
    Makar
    Fabbro
    Olivier-Joseph
    Juolevi
    Timmins
    Zboril
    Clague

I thought Foote or Fabbro were probably close to ready, but not sure there is enough room for them with their NHL clubs as both have stacked D. Juolevi I thought could be ready, but not sure I rate his fantasy upside as high as some others. Liljegrin and Timmins I thought might get a chance with their clubs. The rest I?m not really sure about. Jokiharju as well I thought could make the jump but others have said he might still be 2 years away.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Rank these D prospects

Next year, I dont think anyone on your list is fantasy relevant.

Ranking Dmen is almost as hard as ranking prospect goalies because they both take longer to develop.

My next three would be Makar, Brannstrom and then Clague.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Next year, I dont think anyone on your list is fantasy relevant.

Ranking Dmen is almost as hard as ranking prospect goalies because they both take longer to develop.

My next three would be Makar, Brannstrom and then Clague.
    Heh, yea it is very difficult. I think that's why I have to include such a large selection of players.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri

Dobber Sports Deity

Normally, the larger the selection, the less replies you'll get. Do some work and filter it down yourself. I know myself, if the list is larger then five names, I normally don't even bother.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Normally, the larger the selection, the less replies you'll get. Do some work and filter it down yourself. I know myself, if the list is larger then five names, I normally don't even bother.
    That's a fair point.

If any want to rank a narrower list, I'd probably go with

Foote
    Jokiharju
    Fabbro
    Timmins
    Zboril
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Curious how these guys are viewed as far as next season and long term potential.

I have them ranked. Not including Dahlen who?s a clear number 1 or Heiskenen who?s probably 2.

Bouchard
    Foote
    Liljegrin
    Brannstrom
    Jokiharju
    Makar
    Fabbro
    Olivier-Joseph
    Juolevi
    Timmins
    Zboril
    Clague

I thought Foote or Fabbro were probably close to ready, but not sure there is enough room for them with their NHL clubs as both have stacked D. Juolevi I thought could be ready, but not sure I rate his fantasy upside as high as some others. Liljegrin and Timmins I thought might get a chance with their clubs. The rest I?m not really sure about. Jokiharju as well I thought could make the jump but others have said he might still be 2 years away.
    Long-term, I want Makar and Bouchard from that list. And if Hughes, Boqvist, Smith and Dobson are available as well, then I want those guys ahead of the rest of your list. This draft class is going to dominate the prospect 'D' list real soon.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Long-term, I want Makar and Bouchard from that list. And if Hughes, Boqvist, Smith and Dobson are available as well, then I want those guys ahead of the rest of your list. This draft class is going to dominate the prospect 'D' list real soon.
    No Liljegren/Brannstrom?
    Brannstrom would probably be up there close to Makar/Bouchard for me.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    No Liljegren/Brannstrom?
    Brannstrom would probably be up there close to Makar/Bouchard for me.
    Not in the same group for me. I think Liljegren and Brannstrom are more top-4 guys than top-pair guys.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Oh wow. Yea that?s a whole group I wasn?t considering but should have.Surprised a little that all four of them surpass the list as well, but I?ll have to delve in to each to find out why.

All the latter group are this far undrafted by nhl?
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Oh wow. Yea that?s a whole group I wasn?t considering but should have.Surprised a little that all four of them surpass the list as well, but I?ll have to delve in to each to find out why.

All the latter group are this far undrafted by nhl?
    Hughes, Boqvist, Smith and Dobson are likely going to be Top 10 selections this summer. I suggest reading these two excellent articles from Cam Robinson:
    https://dobberprospects.com/prospect...d-noah-dobson/
    https://dobberprospects.com/prospect...-quinn-hughes/

Dobber Sports Expert

Out of all the players named in this thread Quinn Hughes is the only one I'd put money on playing in the NHL for the most part next year. Whether he will or even be fantasy relevant will all depend on where he's drafted of course.

Dobber Sports Legend

I'll take the low-hanging fruit approach...

1. Makar - best offensive weaponry on a team that could maximize him soon, especially if/when Barrie is traded.

2. Brannstrom - I love his upside and potential, future situation in Vegas. Unless he's part of a package that goes back to Ottawa for Karlsson in the offseason, I really like him.

3. Liljegren - If he can round-out his defensive game, he will eventually have every chance to shine on a talent-rich club. More boom or bust, but if he booms, watch out.

4. Fabbro/Foote - Personally, I love Fabbro. But he must be trade bait at some point - unless Ellis is moved. He is uber talented but buried in Nashville. Same with Foote - I think his skills are underrated, but I see Hedman and Sergachev owning the Bolts blue line for years.

5. Bouchard - For his shot alone. This kid reminds me of John Carlson - big bomb, not the greatest or silkiest skater, but is efficient enough to get the job done. Let's see where he lands. It could move him up or down a spot for me.

As for the other guys - too many wells, ifs, buts, coulds, maybes IMO to muddy the Top-5 waters.

With the 18 pups - Hughes and Boqvist move up into Makar territory, ahead of Brannstrom, for me. Wonderful upside with those two. And Dahlin is the take-it-to-the-bank numero uno on any list like this.