Thread: Can I get some suggestions on My 4 keepers going into next season please

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Can I get some suggestions on My 4 keepers going into next season please

Going into an expansion draft next season, and we get to protect 4 players before the new GMS get to draft off our teams. What 4 players should I protect.
    12 Team Keeper Pool - Yahoo ROTO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D,1 G
    4 Bench players
    12 Keepers from year to year.
    G, A, P , PPP, SHP, GWG, +/-, Hits, Block, PIM
    W, S%, GAA

C - Barzal, Malkin, J. Hughes,
    LW - Panarin, Meier, Pacioretty
    RW - Pastrnak, R. Strome, Svechnikov
    F - Kopitar, Kadri, Vrana, Sheary, Hathaway, Anthanasiou
    D - Pulock, R. Graves, Fox, C. Murphy, Chiarot, R. Suter
    G- Hellybuyck, Sesterkin, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Can I get some suggestions on My 4 keepers going into next season please

Wow, only four.

My four would be Panarin, Hall, Pastrnak and Hellebuyck.

That sucks. You have some really good, young players.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Default Re: Can I get some suggestions on My 4 keepers going into next season please

Hall, Panarin, and Hellebuyck are locks. The fourth is really tough. I could see a case being made for Pasta, Barzal, and even Malkin or, given the categories, Subban.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The one lock here is PK Subban.
    It's multi-cat and we can't forget that you need to do well in things l ike +/-, HIT, BLK, PIM.
    Your BLK pretty much have to come from your D and it is nearly impossible to find the complete PPP/HIT/BLK/PIM D-man.
    In RHRS, which includes all these (as well as SOG & FOW) PK Subban is the Yahoo#23 overall player, the #2 overall D-man (behind Hedman at Yahoo#17)
    (Hall is 8, Panarin... who doesn't HIT or PIM... is #46).

It's also a start 1G.
    We've seen what happens with goalies from year-to-year.
    Matt Murray was considered a lock-keeper in leagues last year, as was Carey Price, Braden Holtby, and Cam Talbot.

Malkin is lock #2.
    He's Yahoo#1 in multi-cat... and he gets stirred up every year enough to provide PIM and a few hit. (Now, RHRS includes SOG & FOW, so maybe Malkin is a tad further down, but still top 3-5)

I'm NOT a fan of rostering non-hitting wingers, but you have so many of them they DO represent your better choices for your 3rd/4th spots.
    If they aren't scoring, you aren't getting your value from them.
    Look at Patrick Kane and Vladimir Tarasenko this year. They are Yahoo#85 and #48 this year.
    Hall and Panarin are basically last year's Kane & Tarasenko.

Pastrnak is my #3 because I have great faith in his PP1 and +/- going forward with that BOS #1 line.

Taylor Hall is my #4, as I really like his future with Nico Hischier at C1. Hall also hits a bit and I think he'll give more PIM too, then Panarin.

I'm simply not keeping a G in a 12-team 1G-start league... especially when they basically only contribute two cats: W & GAA.
    In 12-team, G1 leagues, there will be enough on the waiver wire to cycle through middling goalies (Raanta, Elliott, M.Smith, etc.) when they play against bad teams.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

For me

Malkin - Can you really drop a player that is flirting with 100 points this year?
    Subban - A top scoring D man on a team that will be just as good next year?
    Hall - A Hart trophy candidate?? You got to keep him.

The final one comes down to Pastrnak, Hellebuyck and Ghost and its basically a positional determination.

You only start 1 goalie... so I think Hellebuyck is less valuable.

Does your league draft D early... if so I would keep Ghost... if not then it is Pastrnak for me!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    The one lock here is PK Subban.
    It's multi-cat and we can't forget that you need to do well in things l ike +/-, HIT, BLK, PIM.
    Your BLK pretty much have to come from your D and it is nearly impossible to find the complete PPP/HIT/BLK/PIM D-man.
    In RHRS, which includes all these (as well as SOG & FOW) PK Subban is the Yahoo#23 overall player, the #2 overall D-man (behind Hedman at Yahoo#17)
    (Hall is 8, Panarin... who doesn't HIT or PIM... is #46).

It's also a start 1G.
    We've seen what happens with goalies from year-to-year.
    Matt Murray was considered a lock-keeper in leagues last year, as was Carey Price, Braden Holtby, and Cam Talbot.

Malkin is lock #2.
    He's Yahoo#1 in multi-cat... and he gets stirred up every year enough to provide PIM and a few hit. (Now, RHRS includes SOG & FOW, so maybe Malkin is a tad further down, but still top 3-5)

I'm NOT a fan of rostering non-hitting wingers, but you have so many of them they DO represent your better choices for your 3rd/4th spots.
    If they aren't scoring, you aren't getting your value from them.
    Look at Patrick Kane and Vladimir Tarasenko this year. They are Yahoo#85 and #48 this year.
    Hall and Panarin are basically last year's Kane & Tarasenko.

Pastrnak is my #3 because I have great faith in his PP1 and +/- going forward with that BOS #1 line.

Taylor Hall is my #4, as I really like his future with Nico Hischier at C1. Hall also hits a bit and I think he'll give more PIM too, then Panarin.

I'm simply not keeping a G in a 12-team 1G-start league... especially when they basically only contribute two cats: W & GAA.
    In 12-team, G1 leagues, there will be enough on the waiver wire to cycle through middling goalies (Raanta, Elliott, M.Smith, etc.) when they play against bad teams.
    Couldn't have said it better!
    Goalies are voodoo. In a keep 4, start 1G league, forget the goalie.
    Malkin, Hall, Pasta, Subban

Dobber Sports Genius

I agree with Pengwin as well. Not as high on Subban too many cooks in the kitchen but noway am I keeping a goalie in a keep 4, their to volatile. So I am going Hall, Malkin, Pasta and Subban in that order.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Stud

Malkin hall pasta anddddddddd I wanna say barzal but in a multi cat ughhhhh Subban
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree with Pengwin's first 3 being Malkin, Subban and Pasta.
    I want to go with Barzal as number 4, but there are good arguments to be made for any of Hall, Ghost or Panarin.
    Hellebuyck I love as well, but I agree too much with not keeping a goalie in this setup.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I agree with Pengwin's first 3 being Malkin, Subban and Pasta.
    I want to go with Barzal as number 4, but there are good arguments to be made for any of Hall, Ghost or Panarin.
    Hellebuyck I love as well, but I agree too much with not keeping a goalie in this setup.
    I know some of Halls regression numbers are there but how far do you think he backs up? I would of thought he would of been a for sure keeper here.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I know some of Halls regression numbers are there but how far do you think he backs up? I would of thought he would of been a for sure keeper here.
    I don't think he regresses too much. He can consistently be a PPG player (75 in 75 games or so), but I don't think I'm expecting 90 every year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

He is a def a keeper. Anyone who doesn't keep him is trying to be smarter than they are haha
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Big Daddy

I'm not protecting a goalie when you have that kind of talent on your roster. We've seen how quickly goalies can gain/lose value every season. I'd be keeping Hall, Pastrnak, Malkin & Subban.

Dobber Sports Legend

1. Malkin
    2. Subban
    3. Pastrnak
    4. Hall / Panarin

Dobber Sports Sage

Malkib
    Subban
    Hall
    Pasta

That's my list but could probably be talked into replacing pasta with Gost or panarin. Don't keep a goalie with only 4 keepers where you only start 1.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):