Thread: Jokiharju

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Jokiharju

This guy seems to be dominating in both zones but I rarely ever hear his name discussed for next year and beyond. How does he compare against guys like Juolevi or Brannstrom? With the numbers he?s put up in WHL, I?d think he might get a chance to play for the Hawks in preseason and if he had a good camp maybe further.

But just looking at what he?s done at jr level this past year, I?m surprised he?s not spoken about more in dynasty circles.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Jokiharju

WHL scoring numbers are out of whack this season. I think we need to start looking at them more like the numbers we're used to from the Q instead of the numbers in the OHL.

Great long-term prospect but I don't see him being NHL ready next season. Obviously anything can happen during training camp and preseason, though.

Dobber Sports Sage

He is ahead of schedule and has had an excellent season. He will be a longshot for the Hawks next season.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    WHL scoring numbers are out of whack this season. I think we need to start looking at them more like the numbers we're used to from the Q instead of the numbers in the OHL.

Great long-term prospect but I don't see him being NHL ready next season. Obviously anything can happen during training camp and preseason, though.
    I was wondering that about the numbers this year, especially with that Portland team. Glass, Bellows and Jokiharju. I had posted another thread about Bellows, because I read some comments about his WHL numbers not being impressive. I thought he had a good, solid season for a winger.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri

Dobber Sports Ace

Also how do you think he compares to Foote, Olivier-Joseph, Zboril, Makar, Fabbro and Brannstrom? How would you rank these guys and do any of them stand a decent chance of breaking through with their clubs next season and perhaps doing well? I would lean towards Foote or Fabbro. But with Tampa having Hedman, Sergachev and now McDonagh and Nashville being pretty stacked on D, I I didn’t really think there would be room for these two to get the game time, let alone power play time, they’d need to succeed. I do like Foote a bunch. That situation just doesn’t look open.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Also how do you think he compares to Foote, Olivier-Joseph, Zboril, Makar, Fabbro and Brannstrom? How would you rank these guys and do any of them stand a decent chance of breaking through with their clubs next season and perhaps doing well? I would lean towards Foote or Fabbro. But with Tampa having Hedman, Sergachev and now McDonagh and Nashville being pretty stacked on D, I I didn’t really think there would be room for these two to get the game time, let alone power play time, they’d need to succeed. I do like Foote a bunch. That situation just doesn’t look open.
    I think Foote is the closest to being NHL ready but as you said, his situation is less than ideal.

Makar has confirmed he's staying in college, so he's out. But long-term, I like him the most in points-heavy leagues.

I'm a big fan of Brannstrom but he needs another season I think.