Thread: Oliver Kylington

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Oliver Kylington

Hi there !!

In my keeper's pool, points only, i have Oliver Kylington and a lot of hopes on him.

But, since two years, when i looked his stats, i don't see any improvements and the analyses from differents websites don't help to have a good opinion. Also, i think that Rasmus Andersson passed him in the depth chart.

I have to make a protection's list of 33 players for september 1st and he is on the way to be scratched to keep some backups.

What do you think about ???

Thanks !!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Oliver Kylington

You should include your team in your SIG. Makes it easier for others to give advice knowing what you have to work with. As for Kylington, I think he's a good offensive D man and most are still high on him but between him and Andersson, I like Andersson more.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Keep in mind the Kylington is a left-handed defenseman where Andersson (and Adam Fox) are right-handed. Andersson may be ahead on the depth-chart but they won't necessarily be in direct competition for any spots that open up on the Flames back-end.

Administrator

I actually think he's progressing well. My biggest concern is opportunity when he makes it. Plus not all puck-moving dmen manage to translate their skills into points in the NHL even if they find ways to be valuable to their team.

Of course the final call on keeping or releasing him depends on league and other choices for keeper slots.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Rookie

Here is my team in SIG.

Dano, Shinkaruk, Okposo, Bozak, Vrbata, E.Johnson, Phaneuf and Reimer will already be scratched.

I need 2 more guys to scratch for my 33 players' list. Kylington would be one of them.
    8 teams keeper, 12 A, 6 D, 2 G count. 1 pt G/A; 2 pts W, 3 pts Shutout
    7 changes per mounth

Fowards:

Beauvillier, Svechnikov, Kamenev, Point, MacKinnon, Dano, Shinkaruk, Teravainen, Trochek, Huberdeau, Vesey, Scheifele, V.Rask, Mi. Granlund, Spooner, Zucker, R.Smith, Duchene, Marchesseault, Dadonov, P.Kane, Simmonds, Okposo, Zuccarello, Oshie, Bozak, Vrbata.

Defense:

Chychrun, Kylington, Theodore, Matheson, Gostisbehere, J.Schultz, McDonagh, PK Subban, Muzzin, E.Johnson, Phaneuf

Goalie:

Mrazek, Allen, Andersen, Reimer, Fleury

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not relevant, but I wonder if he has a boring uncle named Buzz?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think he's the level of player you likely need to cut. You have too many actual NHL'ers that you are already cutting, and he's not hyped to be a sure-fire future stud.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Legend

Hi Ray,

Kylington is talented. He is also trade bait. Not only Andersson, but Fox and Valimaki are the up-and-comers to look out for in that organization. Adam Fox is an offensive wizard, perhaps the most talented in the Flames pool, IMO.

You could cut bait with Shill and sleep well at night.