Thread: Next season: Raanta or Smith

Dobber Sports Star

Default Next season: Raanta or Smith

(Assuming Raanta signs in ARI)

Raanta and the Yotes look ready to take a step fwd next year, though CAL should also be solid again.

See sig - My league is wins and losses only so actually more of a team stat

Who'd you rather?
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Next season: Raanta or Smith

Raanta is my choice. Great stats considering the team he's playing with.
    Every single player on this team is currently improving. I like what I'm seing from guys like Strome, Perlini, Keller and Domi. Coyotes will add soon another quality prospect (maybe dahlin, who knows?) and, with some patience, this team will be part of the NHL elite in 2-3 years. Depending on a short or long term decision, I'd clearly go with him. (Smith is way older)

The Magnificent One

Raanta for me. Saw a post on Instagram today that he was offered 4 yrs at 4.5mil annually. Even in a cap league that's still valuable. I also mentioned in another post that o heard CGY is loookng to trade for a first rounder in 2018 draft since they have no first or second. Only bargaining chip they have in my mind is one of there top 4 dmen making smith worse next season
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Administrator

I'm finally sold on Arizona being on the rise. Not as an overnight contender, but they're finally going in the right direction. I much prefer Raanta moving forward.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Raanta might not re-sign with ARI. Still, I would take him over Smith.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Pro

Over the past 30 days Raanta has 6 wins in 7 games, with a 1.29 GAA and .961 save %. 2.24 and .930 on the season...

It is getting dumb at this point how good he is playing.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Raanta.

Smith is done in CGY after next year and might get Pavelec-ed out of there with the youth oncoming.
    The Flames have Gillies (24), Rittich (25), Parsons (20), (McDonald ~22).

It's true that Raanta may not re-sign with Arizona. He is a UFA.
    NYI (2018), COL (2019 Varly UFA), and EDM (2019 Talbot UFA) are all teams that could have interest.

Chayka is going to make a hard-pitch on re-signing Raanta, since he came with Stepan in the big deal to give up the 1-07 pick in 2017 (Lias Andersson - NYR).
    http://arizonasports.com/story/14855...act-extension/

So, I sort of expect Chayka/ARI to re-sign Raanta, even if it's an overpayment, because it will help justify the merit in that trade.
    GMs do this... consider the long-term eval on the trades they make. Last thing Chayka needs is to lose part of those trade assets for nothing.
    ARI is definitely trending up. Besides Raanta's improvement, the Strome/Domi connection has really looked very strong.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Raanta but I'm not too confident he re-signs. I could see him wanting to return to New York with a spot opening up in Long Island. His first 4 years in America were in Chicago and New York, 2 of the great American cities and now he plays in Glendale, Arizona. Perhaps he likes it there, maybe the heat agrees with him, but money isn't everything and he may prefer a big-city team with a better travel schedule for him and his family.

Dobber Sports Pro

If he goes to NYI then those GAA and Save% numbers could go to dookie. lol

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Raanta but I'm not too confident he re-signs. I could see him wanting to return to New York with a spot opening up in Long Island. His first 4 years in America were in Chicago and New York, 2 of the great American cities and now he plays in Glendale, Arizona. Perhaps he likes it there, maybe the heat agrees with him, but money isn't everything and he may prefer a big-city team with a better travel schedule for him and his family.
    I see more competition for him with the Islanders than I do with the Yotes. If he stays with the Yotes, there isn't much threat of him being challenged for the number 1 spot. I think that's different with NYI. Plus, the Islanders have a crap D core and IF Arizona drafts Dahlin, that's a good reason for Raanta to sign there playing behind Dahlin and OEL.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd prefer Raanta as well for productivity & talent. I doubt Smith offers anything beyond next season. However, Raanta in Buffalo or Ottawa would make me squeamish about him in a wins only league.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Administrator

Raanta just signed a three-year deal with the Coyotes, AAV is apparently close to $4 million

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

Was able to pluck him off the wire. Pulled off the 3 peat in my league as well. A good day
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Ace

Traded Elliot the day before he got hurt for the waiver move I used to pick up Raanta in my dynasty league. Definitely one of my favorite moves I made this season. I definitely peg Zona to get better throughout his new contract.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso