Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade #2 pick?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade #2 pick?

Would you trade the 2018 #2 overall pick in the rookie draft (so Dahlin, Svechnikov or Zadina) straight up for a guy like Konecny who is producing and has some upside but doesn't have the pedigree?
    23-24 NHL Schedule
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1242679413
    See number of games, off night games and back to back games for each match up

The Great One

Default Re: Trade #2 pick?

Depends on your set up. Do you have a farm team? If so, then no, I keep the pick.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No farm team. 16 teams. 22 man roster. Keep 16. It's a new league and we just drafted so we keep all 22 this season.

Dobber Sports Padawan

No way.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Depends on your lineup. Ideally that player turns out better than Konecny, but it's riskier. I suspect you'll be able to get more for the pick later on, maybe at draft, or even after the player is playing.

Pedigree doesn't equal production. I'd probably sit on the pick, wait for some deserved hype, and then sell if I liked the offers. If not, you keep the player you picked.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd keep the pick over Konecny.

You say "for a guy LIKE Konecny". Are there other options?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm getting offers of much less than Konecny for the pick. I used Konecny as an example because I was considering making an offer since I have refused so many.

I am trying to figure out if I am over-valuing the pick. These replies have helped with that.

The latest offer is Colin Miller and Konecny for Montour, my first this year (2nd overall) and next year's (2019) first which will be our league's first redraft. This is one of the better offers but I still think I'm giving too much by some margin.

Dobber Sports Deity

If those are the offers you are getting, I'd keep the pick. Those offers dont sound tempting enough for me to pull the trigger.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Those offers are awful. Sit tight.
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Dobber Sports Expert

I don't think you're over-valuing the second overall pick this year. I wouldn't even start to consider trades like you've been offered unless the pick were 4th or after.

Dobber Sports Novice

I would consider trading the first, trading the third, but I would never trade the second pick.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 65jeff View Post
    I'm getting offers of much less than Konecny for the pick. I used Konecny as an example because I was considering making an offer since I have refused so many.

I am trying to figure out if I am over-valuing the pick. These replies have helped with that.

The latest offer is Colin Miller and Konecny for Montour, my first this year (2nd overall) and next year's (2019) first which will be our league's first redraft. This is one of the better offers but I still think I'm giving too much by some margin.
    Keep refusing trades... but makes sure people still know that it is available. and when you reject a trade... tell them they are going to have to do better than that to get the #2 overall pick.

As the draft gets closer and these kids are hyped more... other managers will want them more and will end up offering better traded.

You are in the position of strength and do not need to make any offers. You are the salesman here and you have the product to sell... they need to meet the price.

Dobber Sports Wizard

That's a terrible offer. Even Konecny and Miller for the pick isn't enough for me. Adding Montour and a 1st round pick is ridiculous.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm very reluctant to trade first round picks in a keeper league like yours (similar to mine). It's tough with no farm but you should strongly consider keeping one of your keeper spots for developing a player.

I'd like to know more, like the current composition of your team, and who your keepers are at this time to get an idea of how that pick/player would fit.

Dobber Sports Genius

That offer made me puke in my mouth a little bit. They would have to get MUCH better to consider moving it.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar