Thread: Any news on Neuvirth - is he starting tonight?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Any news on Neuvirth - is he starting tonight?

Well is he?
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Any news on Neuvirth - is he starting tonight?

Does anyone know if he was on the bench as a backup last night? If he was then I imagine he starts tonight... but if he didn't I would expect Lyon to start tonight then,
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Does anyone know if he was on the bench as a backup last night? If he was then I imagine he starts tonight... but if he didn't I would expect Lyon to start tonight then,
    I think the theory is Neuvirth starts; a reporter in Philly talked to to the GM and they sounded like Neuvirth was really close to returning. It's possible the reporter was told off the record, but it certainly sounds like that interview made them think Neuvirth is going tonight. We'll see though, could be a game time decision. If he's not ready, is Lyon more likely than Mrazek (despite mrazek playing last night)? Both have been kinda bad but Lyon got yanked early on Sunday and Mrazek is the veteran.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...-20180327.html

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

I picked him up yesterday hoping I'd get a start out of him today. Heard nothing definitive yet though.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I think the theory is Neuvirth starts; a reporter in Philly talked to to the GM and they sounded like Neuvirth was really close to returning. It's possible the reporter was told off the record, but it certainly sounds like that interview made them think Neuvirth is going tonight. We'll see though, could be a game time decision. If he's not ready, is Lyon more likely than Mrazek (despite mrazek playing last night)? Both have been kinda bad but Lyon got yanked early on Sunday and Mrazek is the veteran.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...-20180327.html
    I think the fact that Mrazek played last night would lead to Lyon getting the start on the 2nd half of back to backs... I don't think Philly brass is that much more confident in MRazek over Lyon to give him games on consecutive nights.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Initiate

Neuvirth went down again.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybeaty View Post
    Anyone know if he re-aggrivated something or if he's started on a whole new injury? What a career of injuries.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I just posted this in the Flyers thread. There's no news yet as to exactly what he injured, but considering who he is, it's a safe bet that this body part has been injured before. The radio guys thought Neuvirth was merely stretching at one point, then they realized Mrazek was in. Likely lower body.

Flyers goalie update:

Neuvirth did indeed get activated right on the expected time frame to start 3/28 versus Colorado. Lyon was loaned to Lehigh Valley of the AHL.

However, Neuvirth got hurt in the game, so Mrazek had to step in and finish. The radio guys thought Neuvirth was merely stretching at one point, then they realized Mrazek was in. Likely lower body.

Lyon had not yet reported to Lehigh Valley, as he was in the arena in Colorado, and will of course head back to town with the Flyers, as Philly is very close to the AHL affiliate, just not as close as it used to be across the parking lot in the Spectrum. So we have absolutely no clarity other than Mrazek is ahead of Lyon in the Flyers pecking order, which isn't surprising.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybeaty View Post
    Mother of God.

Has Dobber ever come up with a name for the most extreme band-aid boys? Like, body-cast candidate or something of the like? Seems like Neuvirth is well past band-aid boy at this point.