Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade offer. Will Rep.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Trade offer. Will Rep.

Hey folks. Team in Sig. Need some advice on a trade that was offered. A fellow GM wants the 3rd overall pick in this years draft. He already has 1 and 2 locked down. He offered me the 8th overall and 11th overall. That would mean I most likely pick 4 or 5th overall, 8th overall and 10th and 11th overall. I'm a rebuilding team so obviously 4 1st rounders are great but is it worth giving up possibly Dahlin, Svechnikov and Zadina? We have 11 teams currently in our pool.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Trade offer. Will Rep.

It's quite a deep draft so I would definitely take that deal, Dahlin won't fall to #3 so move the pick and gain 8 & 11
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Wizard

I would stay at #3. You'll get a great player at #3, there are question marks with players in that #8 to #11 range.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Don't take the Deal. If you can get Svechnikov or Zadina your team will be much better than it is now. After the top 3-5 picks this year, the talent starts to fall off. You might find a sleeper, but the top 3 guys are pretty much sure things.
    12 team 35 player dynasty Keep all players - 2017-18 Leaque champ -
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

G: Bobrovsky, Varlamov, IR: Crawford, Raanta Minors:Hill

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks guys! I ended up taking the deal. I know the top 3 will more than likely be great players but for me, one great player perhaps won't help more than 4 good players potentially. If I luck out and get Wahlstrom at 4, I'll be happy. Plus next year I'll the best shot at J.Hughes.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Thanks guys! I ended up taking the deal. I know the top 3 will more than likely be great players but for me, one great player perhaps won't help more than 4 good players potentially. If I luck out and get Wahlstrom at 4, I'll be happy. Plus next year I'll the best shot at J.Hughes.
    You got four 1st round picks for #3? I thought it was just two. If you already had two 1st rounders, that's irrelevant.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    You got four 1st round picks for #3? I thought it was just two. If you already had two 1st rounders, that's irrelevant.
    I originally had 3, 4 or 5 and 10 before the offer. I now have 4 or 5th, 8, 10 and 11th overall. Again, I know those 3 are VERY good but I think with some careful thought, I can still get some good value out of those 4 picks. My prospect pool is lacking considering I have to call up most of them or lose them all together.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I originally had 3, 4 or 5 and 10 before the offer. I now have 4 or 5th, 8, 10 and 11th overall. Again, I know those 3 are VERY good but I think with some careful thought, I can still get some good value out of those 4 picks. My prospect pool is lacking considering I have to call up most of them or lose them all together.
    Already having four 1st rounders makes trading down even worse IMO. Your team needs elite talent, and that's not available with picks #8 and #11. You could have had it with pick #3 but you gave it away. I would much rather have one 80-point player than two 65-point players. But to each their own - I just think your rebuild just got longer and harder.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Maybe my wording is messed up. I had 3 1st round picks. The 1st would be 3rd overall. After that it would either be 4th or 5th overall as the two GM's are very close in points. Then, I'd be guaranteed the 10th overall. So, 3rd (for sure,) 4th or 5th overall (depending on final standings as both GM's are seperated by only 8 points) and 10th overall (for sure.) Now, I will pick 4th or 5th overall, 8, 10 and 11th. Make sense? I'm looking at quantity over quality at this point. Considering my team has a bunch of hacks for the most part, one guy like Svechnikov or Zadina doesn't really mean much. BUT, if I draft smart, and say 3 out of the 4 picks work out, would it not be better to have 3 solid players over one really good player? Plus, like I said for next year, I have the best shot at drafting Hughes who in my opinion is better than anyone in the top 3 this year. Thank you all for your input, though. Love hearing what you guys have to say.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Maybe my wording is messed up. I had 3 1st round picks. The 1st would be 3rd overall. After that it would either be 4th or 5th overall as the two GM's are very close in points. Then, I'd be guaranteed the 10th overall. So, 3rd (for sure,) 4th or 5th overall (depending on final standings as both GM's are seperated by only 8 points) and 10th overall (for sure.) Now, I will pick 4th or 5th overall, 8, 10 and 11th. Make sense? I'm looking at quantity over quality at this point. Considering my team has a bunch of hacks for the most part, one guy like Svechnikov or Zadina doesn't really mean much. BUT, if I draft smart, and say 3 out of the 4 picks work out, would it not be better to have 3 solid players over one really good player? Plus, like I said for next year, I have the best shot at drafting Hughes who in my opinion is better than anyone in the top 3 this year. Thank you all for your input, though. Love hearing what you guys have to say.
    But it's not "3 solid players over one really good player", it's "3 solid players over one elite player and 2 solid players". Those extra picks make no difference to the trade. Your next year's picks make no difference. The trade is very simple: #3 for #8 and #11. That's all that matters.

Always quality over quantity unless the difference in quality is minimal (which it isn't in this case) or the quantity part is much higher (which it isn't in this case). Like if you were trading #3 for #4 and #5, I could get behind that. Or if you traded #3 for three high-ish 1st rounders. But #8 and #11? That's just not good enough in this draft class.

At some point, you'll have a bunch of 60-point players and you're wishing you could package 3 of them to acquire one 80-point player. But you probably can't because elite players are worth a ton.

Dobber Sports Padawan

JP, I already have an 80 point guy in Gaudette HAHAHA! Maybe not but one can dream.

Dobber Sports Giant

I would have stuck with the 3rd. You would have gotten Zadina and possibly Tkachuk with your next one. That’s a heck of a 1-2 punch!

Quality over quantity here
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

The Great One

Hate to say it, but JP is right. Trading 3 for 8 and 11 is a recipe for a longer rebuild. You are trading elite talent for question marks.

Think of it this way....would you trade a shot at McDavid for a couple of pretty good 2nd line players?

I'm exaggerating, but the point holds...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Could’ve had Zadina/Wahlstrom/Hughes. That’s pretty good in a rebuild, two years ago I had 2/6/7 took Laine/Aho/Keller. I had numerous offers for pick 2 but elite goal scorers don’t grow on trees. Needless to say I hit a homerun which accelerated my rebuild and squeked in. Remember elite talent > mid tier talent.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Icon

Taking the deal was a mistake. 3 is greater than 8+11 more times than not.

https://www.tsn.ca/statistically-spe...value-1.786131

Ignore the average rating category and look at the top 6, top 4, 1G column. 79% of #3 picks become a top 6 forward or top 4 dman or starting goalie while only about 30% of picks at 8 or 11 become that. In most fantasy leagues, 3rd liners are not worth anything because there are a bunch of them available on the waiver wire. Based on your signature, your league only uses 228 skaters. That means less than 75 skaters in your league are not 1st line guys. That makes this trade even worse than I originally thought.